Part 10

*~Phil's POV~*

It was the last day before we left to go back, and the crowds were bustling to purchase the last of their items. We've only been here a very short while, but I think Dan and I are ready to head back.

His step-siblings cornered me once... Until they were arrested.

It wasn't for the harassing of a royal, though they wouldn't release me of their continuing questioning of what was so special about Dan. It was because the scribe confessed. They were the ones stopping the trades.

Now that they're in the dungeon chambers, Dan's kingdom is going to have free trade with the surrounding ones.

His castle also didn't have many legends surrounding it or secret passages to find; it was rather boring for us, so we spent most of our time with the llamas, in the market, or in Dan's room, watching movies.

The final reason we wanted to leave was because we were excited to announce the engagement, and we even started planning the wedding. We couldn't decide on a cake when decided on the topic, so our current plan is for our two baking groups to work together. Dan wants my baking group to make their special chocolate cake and I want Dan's group to make their berry cake, but then we also want a chocolate berry mix for the topmost layer, the layer you're to freeze for your 50th anniversary, but usually end up eating together a lot earlier on. We couldn't wait! He couldn't wait to show the ring, the symbol of our love, off; I couldn't wait to show him, my love, off.

*~*

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" The bed started shaking and I started rolling to different parts of the bed before I rolled onto a body and another fell on top of me while the bed dipped again and we all toppled different ways.

"Ow!" Dan groaned loudly as his face stayed firmly put in the pillow beneath him. I knew he was the one I landed on, considering I was still partially on him. I looked to the giggling messes beside us and saw that Dan's brother and sister were completely and utterly twisted pretzels. "Get off our bed, you brats!"

"Hmm..." His sister stroked his brother's face as if stroking a beard before continuing. "Nah, I think we're good! You know... You guys look cute together while you sleep! You cuddle and spoon; Dan's the little one of course!"

"That's it! Off you go!" Dan shuffled under me and started kicking at them, but they hardly moved. "A little help here?" I scoffed before pushing them off the bed easily with a loud 'thump' and a few following groans.

"We just came to wake you up, geez!"

"Well that's fine and all, but leave. We need to get ready." They left us and I put as much weight as I could on the boy beneath me. "As much as I'd love to stay here, Philly, we need to get ready and go."