Part 9

*~*

"Hon-" Dan's mother spoke cheerily before seeing us and faltering, "-ey? What are you doing? Do you know how childish you look at the moment? Clinging, like a babe, onto-" She gasped when she actually looked at my face, and bowed quickly, not an unusual occurrence for me. "Prince Philip! I didn't know you were coming also; we would have prepared a chamber for you! Oh, my!" She rambled on.

"Mum! It's fine, we'll just share-"

"Share? Daniel, we can't make the higher of the royals just share a room, he must-"

"No!" I blurted loudly before regaining my composure again. "I mean, I'm perfectly fine with sharing. We were... Renovating our spare rooms during Dan's visit, so we had to share then; we're perfectly used to it by now!"

Her eyes widened largely, as if she hadn't thought of such before. "Oh, well, okay then..." She perked up a little as she thought and asked, "Would you like a tour, Philip?"

"He's been here before, mother! He doesn't need another royal tour; instead, we're going to search for secret passages!"

"Secret passages? Don't you know the dangers of the passages? You could die if you act as fools!"

*~Dan's POV~*

Yes. Yes I know the dangers. I saw the bones. I finished the story, but I also saw the ring in the poor fool's fingers.

"They're not that dangerous actually..." Phil spoke up and my mother looked at him incredulously, so I cut in also.

"As long as you know the legends."