Part 2

*~Time Skip~*

I sighed, slumping back on my throne after yet another dance with yet another dressed up girl, trying to become princess or extending her rule. That's the problem. Not only are they after me just because I'm a prince, but they're all girls!

I don't mind them, but their intentions turn me away completely. Except... Except for the one girl.

She had magical hair, it was a rainbow of colors, and she had designs strewn across her pale skin. They consisted of scenic like pictures to people to symbols, one including her royal crest. She was beautiful, I must say, and her personality was short from perfect, but we both agreed that we could never fall for another.

She was already in love with another and was forced to come to this ball. She thought that maybe we could become friends, and I immediately agreed. We've danced with one another a few rounds, getting glares from others. I've found that she's fallen for her chambermaid, and they plan to marry next week which I replied to by comforting her and telling her they both best be here at the next ball.

A chestnut haired girl with big hazel eyes came up to me, looking nervous, before bowing. She had a small crown on her head, signifying royalty.

"W-Would you accept this dance, your highness?"

I stood up, putting my arm out for her to grab. Her face lit up as we went to the dance floor, an intricate dance where switching partners is inevitable.

"So which kingdom are you from?" I asked straight-faces.

"Two kingdoms over." Out of the corner of my eye I saw her smile shyly at the mention of her kingdom.

"The one with all the llamas? I always wanted to go there..." She chuckled softly at me. "Do you have any siblings?"

"Two brothers actually." I nodded, and we had to part to other partners. It wasn't long after that we met again.

"I would love to have siblings! It seems like such fun."

"It's not really... One's older than me, one's younger..."

"That doesn't sound too bad."

She sighed lowly, "It's just that that of which deals with the line of throne."

"So you're in it for the crown?" I should have known.

"No, actually, I want out of the crown. I hate how were are turned to act under a certain pretense, but with our customs, the eldest must marry first unless a royal requests the hand of a younger. You're lucky to be an only child except for the fact that you're locked in on your position." She was looking straight forward with tight lips.

"Well I hope the best for you then. Maybe you'll fall in love soon, and be swept away."

"I never said I wasn't in love. I actually am, but my brother is picky, picky when it comes to love. He's going to be forced soon if none else."

"How old is he?"

"He's 16! Apparently he should have found love by now..." I scoffed.

"He's 16? I'm 20 and I'm just now being forced into a deadline!" She giggled at me.

"Different kingdoms, different customs..." The song ended with us bowing to each other. "I hope we can be friends Philip."

"I hope so too, and it's Phil!" She walked away as the next song started and I was stuck amongst the dancing people. That is, until I felt a tapping on my shoulder. I turned, expecting another frilly-dressed girl, but was met with a tall, slender man.