Secrets Revealed

"NOOOOOOOOO!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, crying like I had just lost a vital organ I needed to live.

        That's what happen. I needed Ross to live.

     He was like my lungs, I needed him to breath.

     He was like my eyes, I need him to see.

     He was like my brain, I needed him to think.

     He was like my nerves, I needed him to feel.

     He was my heart. Without him, nothing else worked.

  "Ross! No!" I ran over to where he had fallen on the ground. 

     I was sobbing so hard I thought my eyes would pop out of their sockets. I couldn't see clearly through my tears. I came to his side where he was sitting up rubbing his head. He looked fine.

      But looks can be deceiving.

   "What did you do to him?!" I cried, peering up at the unveiled monster.

        "What are you talking about?" Zack responded, examining his finger nails like nothing had happened. 

        "You injected Ross! I saw you!" Jeffrey came rushing forward. 

    "Jeffrey, what on Earth are you blathering about?" Zack ignored him again.

        "You stuck a needle in Ross! I saw you!" Jeffrey accused again with Lynn approaching to back him up from behind.

      "You must be delusional. This whole thing must be getting to you." Zack inched closer, but Jeffrey retreated backwards and drew his gun.

     He pointed the black metal at him, "Stand back!" Jeffrey ordered. 

       Zack put his hands in the air above his head and stepped back, "No need for that, Jeffrey. We're all friends here." 

       "You hurt Ross!" I cried out again.

    "I saved your lives!" Zack hissed.

         "You tried to take his!" Jeffrey pointed the gun at Ross and then back at Zack.

     Ross rubbed his forehead in confusion, "What's going on?" His cloudy brown eyes looked at me. A smile appeared on his weak, pale face, "Are we alive?"

     I had my arms wrapped around him, holding him close to me. I could feel his temperature rising. Or maybe it was just mine at being so near to him.

      "Ross, are you ok? Do you feel sick? WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" I yelled bitterly at Zack.

         Zack played it confused.

    COUGH COUGH! Ross coughed hard, consuming everyone's attention long enough for Zack to run over and kick the gun out of Jeffrey's hand.

      "Ah!" 

     Jeffrey turned to feel Zack's fist slam into his face. 

      Lynn drew her gun and shot at Zack.

 POW!

      He ducked and punched Jeffrey once more, kicking his feet and causing him to fall. 

    "What's going on?" Ross kept blinking and flipping his hair. He was sweating like crazy.

       "Shh.." I pet his blonde hair and put my chin on his head. 

  Zack charged at Lynn who shot at him again.

      Miss.

    Jeffrey came up and hit him from behind, but Zack turned and charged at him. Jeffrey jumped at him, knocking him to the ground, but Zack over powered him.