{0043}

Sunday September 21st 2018:

"I'm so sorry Amber, it's been such a flying visit, most of which was spent filming! Nearer Christmas we should hang out again!" Zoë hugged me as we walked out of the door, Joe was carrying all of the bags and piled them into the boot. "I wish we could film a video, but I understand your concern." Yesterday evening, Zoë and I had a conversation about me not wanting to be in any vlogs or videos as people would get the complete wrong idea about Joe and I or even Zoë and I (not the wrong idea, but they'd expect to see me more). She totally understood. Another thing I told her was about what Joe and I had spoken about in the car: Joe's apology. I said how bad I felt for making him feel bad but she reassured me.

"We'll definitely be back again," Joe said, "won't we?" He put a friendly arm around my shoulder.

"I don't know," I laughed, "I'm not very keen on your family," he looked at me with what I hoped was a fake look and Zoë and Zalfie erupted into laughter. If I was being honest, it did feel like a flying visit and I wish I could've dragged it out longer and spent even more time with all of them. What I was dreading now was an hour plus journey with Joe. Sure, I did it once but a lot happened since - in my opinion.

"Now let's go before it gets too late, your parents will start to worry," we waved our finale goodbyes and began the journey.

"I'm sorry," Joe said out of the blue, turning Capital down beforehand.

"We have to stop starting these journeys like this! What for this time?" As I looked at his side portrait, I thought back to three years back and how I'd never imagined being here, in a car, not only with Joe - my safest haven for the toughest part of my life - but also a famous vlogger, any girls dream. For this, I almost felt bad. What if this gets out to his fans? We aren't even going out but they'll think we are, the rumours will spread like wildfire.

"I dragged you here and it was barely any fun, and we hardly got to spend any time together which was my actual plan," I wonder what else he had planned... A smile rose on my face at the fact he must've been thinking about it - about me.

"Joe, just letting me come was enough for you to do, I don't want to make you go out of your way to spend time with me," the car rolled to a halt as the light flashed red, "I'm not that interested anyway."

"I'm lucky to have you Amber," he smiled at me, a proper, Sugg smile.

"Ditto, Sugg. Ditto..."

___________________________________
It gets better, I promise