Chapter 6

♡♡♡

Hiei was lost for words, not knowing what to do next as he saw the person he really holds dear to die. He looked at Crow, enraged with anger. He placed (Name) down slowly to the cold floor. His right arm started to burn up dark flames. He was filled with anger as he stared at the person who killed (Name). The more he looked at him, the angrier he gets. Yusuke and Kuwabara swallowed with fear as they saw Hiei in that state. The next thing they knew Hiei dashed to Crow. Crow backed off shocked and felt anxious, cold sweat started to fall down on his face. Hiei then swiftly attacked Crow with all he got. Crow flew away because of Hiei's Jaou Ensatsu Kokuryuuha and he burnt to death.

"The winner is Hiei from the Urameshi team!" The girl announced.

Hiei looked at Crow with utter disgust and went down the ring.

"Hi-Hiei..." Kuwabara said, sad. "It's alright..." he said trying to calm him down.

Hiei brushed him off and glared at Kuwabara, "Stay away you hopeless idiot."

"Wha-!" Kuwabara shouted but got cut-off when Kurama placed his hand at his shoulder and shook his head.

As the round continued, (Name) was brought to the Urameshi team's waiting area. Since Hiei's turn was done he stayed with her.

As Hiei was staring at the lifeless body, clenched his fist really tight.

"Damn it!" Hiei cursed as he gritted his teeth.

He stared at (Name) the whole 30 minutes, remembering everything that has happened. How he treated her and how he secretly watched her from afar. His heart ached ever since the incident, he felt something he never felt before, something he never wanted to feel since he knew everything would have been alright.

Regret.

He felt regret. Regret for not treating her the way she should be treated, and regret that he never told her how he felt.

He furrowed his brows to let him not cry, "You don't deserve any of this." His clenched his fist and it started to bleed and drops of it goes to the floor, "Aho" he muttered.

He got closer to (Name) and looked at her pretty, beautiful face that always made him feel assured and happy. As he stared at her lifeless body, he got closer and closer to her face as he fixed her beautiful hair. He smiled before he kissed her lips. When their lips parted, he frowned.

He took a deep breath, "I... Love you." He said, yearning for her reply but could not.

"Hiei.." Yusuke called, sad.

Hiei's eyes widened as he heard Yusuke's voice calling for him. He looked back, saw his team. Kurama waved his hand and smiled sadly. Everyone became silent.

Hiei wasn't the only one grieving, Yusuke cursed and blaming himself for not protecting his Little sister. He walked to a corner and started to punch the wall numerous times. Eventually he stop after his hands was all red. Yusuke started crying in that exact corner. Kurama took a seat, looking down and sighed. Kuwabara went to Yusuke and tried to comfort him by placing his hand on his grieving friend's shoulder. Hiei, he just stood there for minutes. They might have won the tournament but they lost someone they all hold dear, someone who supported them all the way and someone who sacrificed for the other.

Hiei turned to look at the person he loves so dearly and walked towards her again. He looked down and his spiky bangs covered his eyes.

"I'm so sorry..." He muttered, "I couldn't protect you. I'm so sorry for everything." He clenched his fist again, "Please if there's anyone, please bring her back. I don't wanna lose someone I really care about." He begged, thinking. "Please..." He repeated.

A tear from flowed down his face and dropped on (name)'s hand.

♡♡♡

Huh? Where am I? Did I die? Is this how death is? I looked around and saw nothing but darkness. I guess I deserve this. I smiled, sad and noticed a dot of light in front of me. What's that? I walked towards the light and as I got closer, the light gets wider and wider. When I reached the light, I saw a ceiling.

Sobs is what I heard in that the area I was at. Where am I? How did I get here? I looked at where the sobs came from and saw four people and one of them was crying.

"...nii-chan?" I groaned.

Everyone was shocked as if they say someone just went back to life. They ran towards me, calling my name with relief. Yusuke-niichan got closer to me, smiling. He then hugged me tight. Kurama smiled while Kuwabara wiped off his tears with his hand.

♡♡♡

As everyone was relieved at (Name)'s resurrection, Hiei looked at her with his serious face.

"Welcome back." He said and smiled gently.

Yusuke, Kurama and Kuwabara saw Hiei's gentle smile, and were dumbfounded. They knew he a guy like him could never smile like that except her. They knew that she was different, to Hiei, she was someone special, someone who could make a guy like him smile so gently.

(Name) looked at Hiei, she looked at everyone and scanned the room. She again looked at Hiei once more.

"Ummm..." She smiled awkwardly, looking away then looked back at Hiei. "Who are you...?" She pointed at him.