Light at the End

Alex pov

"There's a lot more of these things then I first thought." Issei yelled while throwing another monster over his head. Kiba worked his sword skillfully slicing down enemy after enemy who got in his way. Azazul was blasting them away, Gasper froze any thing that got close to him; as for me well I stood head to head with the guy who took Akeno. "After the beating you received last time your still wanting to challenge me?" sensing the cockiness in his tone I didn't reply knowing it'd only feed his ego and right now I needed to focus on finding Akeno.

Summoning my sword I figured going all out would be the only possible way that I'd stand a chance of beating him. " Shall we begin?" came the oh so familiar voice of the demon of silence, or so she called herself. Taking advantage of my novice ignorance his strings wrapped around me, picked me up and slammed me into the ground. "I was hoping you were going to be more of a challenge. You were feisty last time we met, should I maybe kill one of your friends this time? Would that make you start trying?" He tried to edge me on, pushing me closer and closer to my breaking point.

"Guess I have no choice." Raising his arm in the air it morphed into what looked like a long blade. "I'll let the fallen angel girl know you at least tried to save her yet valiantly." I struggled against my bonds but couldn't seem to break free, my sword was to far away to reach. He brought down his sword with a loud yell, closing my eyes I prepared for the blade to cut me. "Anytime you're done laying around I'm sure Akeno is waiting for you." opening my eyes I saw Issei and Kiba holding his blade back. Gasper started to break me free, Azazul blasted Konaki. "We can take this guy. Go find the girl." Standing I looked at my three friends and the fallen angel, "Thanks guys."

Third pov

"Explosion!" Issei's power exploded as his balance breaker activated. Scalemail sent his body flying at Konaki who kidnapped his friend. "I wasn't there when you attacked my friends last time jerk but I am now!" swinging at him Konaki pulled a Matrix and bent backwards causing Issei to completely miss. "Seems you've missed red dragon." Stopping Issei smiled, "You forgot there's more then one of us!" Kiba raised his sword and brought it down with all his force cutting the dude in half. Spitting on his body Kiba said, "That's for breaking my sword." at that point everyone thought it was over until Konaki started to laugh. Strings brought his body back together, "Ok I'll give you that, I deserved it but sadly you four are not the ones I want to destroy so stay out of my way."

A huge blast of wind knocked Kiba backwards into Issei. "Hey Vampire boy! Use your power to freeze him!" Azazul yelled over the wind. "I...I uh....ok...." Konaki targeted the red dragon emperor and the knight of the Gremory household. "Those little strings won't stop me." Issei grabbed the strings that were protruding from the ground, pulling them he caused Konaki to be yanked toward him. "Ever heard of paddle ball!?" Issei said with a smile before he started to bounce the stitched boy back and fourth with his fist. "Now for the final touch!" Konaki collided hard with the ground, "Now Kiba!"
"Right! Sword Birth!" his blade stabbed the ground, swords erupted inside the crater Konaki had created. "Finishing touch I guess." Azazul blasted the crater causing it to explode in a ball of fire.

"Looks like our job here's done. Shall we?" Azazul asked. Just when they thought they had won from the crater came a chuckle, then full blown laughter. "What? Oh hell no." Konaki stood there wasn't even one scratch on him. "I'm so thankfully amused by your efforts. To think you believed you could stop me."
"I can freak!" Issei punched him in the gut. "Ascalon!" the holy blade protruded out of the sacred gear and pierced Konaki's body. With a loud yell Issei ripped him in half, "Explosion!" The dragon roared. As the sword disappeared Issei thrusted his fist at the boy who was cut in half. "Dragon cannon!" A huge blast of green energy shot out and engulfed Konaki who screamed in pain.

"There now he's dead."
"Your a foolish dragon aren't you?" Came Konaki's voice echoing around them. With a blinding burst of light Konaki was whole again. "How the hell do you keep staying alive?" The dragon emperor asked.
"No matter what we try we haven't been able to stop him." Kiba observed. Gasper hid behind Issei, floating a few feet off the ground a black sphere swirled into existence above his palm. "Should I kill you now?" before anyone answered the sphere flew out of his palm and collided with Kiba. It exploded then collapsed in on it's self before exploding again. "Kiba!" The swordsman landed with a soft thud on the ground at Azazul's feet. Four more black spheres appeared behind Konaki, "All you have to do is move. If I must kill you then I'll do it. Akeno owes me and she will be mine." he said.

Meanwhile Alex found himself standing in the middle of a long hall, doors stood on either side. "Akeno!" He yelled hoping she would hear and cry out but the only sound he heard was that of his own breathing. Following the hall he ignored all the doors and focused on going forward, "You seem to be lost." standing across from him in what seemed to be the main room was a girl in a white hoodie. Her face was hidden by the hoodie yet her black hair hung low enough for him to see, "And you are?"
She giggled and still showed no sign of attacking, "I my friend am someone diffrent entirely, we'll see each other more in the future but right now the one your looking for is up stairs. Go before that other guy shows up." Alex found himself confused about what this random girl was talking about but still he had no time to worry. Running past her he barreled up the stairs and right into another hall, "Akeno!"
"Alex? I'm down here!" Pinpointing her location he busted into a room that turned out to be bigger on the inside. Hanging from the ceiling in a large birdcage was Akeno, she smiled down on him. "I'm so happy you came to rescue me. I would have escaped myself but this cage seals away my power as long as I'm trapped inside." she explained.

He opened his mouth to tell her that he was going to save her and all that other heroic junk except he was blindsided and sent tummbling into the wall with a crunch. "Alex!" Akeno called, she hated it when she couldn't help her friends and felt completely useless. A few moments ago back out side Azazul and Issei tried desperately to hit Konaki but they weren't able to get close enough; if they tried one of the spheres would stop them. "Now would be a time for a plan." Azazul called to Issei, "Ehh I'm working on it give me a sec." he dodged a black sphere but without paying attention allowed Gasper to be hit by the explosion. "Gasper no!!"

"Issei you need to focus!" Azazul yelled while deflecting another sphere. "Between the two of you, you each have incredible power so why is it your dropping like flys?" Konaki said. "I'd hate to say this but Issei I think now would be the best time to use your Dragon powers."
Dodging Issei glared at the fallen angel, "Dude don't you think I would if I could?!" thick strings wrapped around Issei's arms and legs stretching him out. Azazul moved to free him when Konaki landed in his way, "A fallen angels wings will look great above my mantle!" All four black spheres took him out. Turning to face Issei, Konaki finally thought he had won until a dark cloud appeared. "Finally showed up sir? Have I kept them occupied enough?" He silently listened as an unheard voice answered. "Oh don't worry I'll deal with him right now." as the cloud dissipated Konaki faced a very pissed Issei.

"I have to go now but you stay tied up. I'll be absorbing your power." Konaki faded away leaving Issei to stare down at his fallen friends. Back inside, Konaki caught Alex off guard and hit him sending him colliding with the wall. "Alex!" Akeno cried. "I took out your little friends. Now it's your turn." Flying out of the dust came a very darker version of Alex. "Whoa....stepping up the game huh? Fine let's hope this time you will actually hurt me!" The two men clashed, a shockwave exploded from the two as they struggled, one chipping away at his identity to save the women he loved while the other just wanted to feel pain. Ever since he killed his father he hasn't been able to feel pain until Alex came along, even tho the scratch on his bottom lip was small he finally was able to feel something which is why he loved fighting this guy fueled by darkness.

They both skidded away from each other. "Using your darkness is smart yet I have a dragon fueling me." To emphasize his point a green aura covered him. The darkness surged and rippled around Alex. Akeno watched the events transpire from above wishing she could help somehow. "Please Alex....don't give yourself up to the darkness just for me." she whispered to herself. Back outside Issei bit his lip while the power was being drained, "Well looks like we made it in time." His face lit up with a huge smile. "Let's get you out of that and go help Alex."

To be continued....

(A/N: Ok I'm glad this story has gotten so many views and votes. Next chapter will be the last. Thank you.)