Borrowed Time

Third Person

Akeno fought the feelings of drowsiness. She couldn't tell where she was, the room was pitch black and cold. "You look so peaceful when you sleep darling." the voice of her captor came. He was to close for comfort, sitting up she tried to scoot away but her hands were bound along With her ankles. "Don't go anywhere yet darling. Isn't this nice just the two of us? It took quite awhile." That was something I tried desperately to forget, everyone had a mistake they try to outrun.

Back before Rias found her the fallen angels daughter watched over a shrine. People would come day after day to pay their respects to whichever God they pleased but the young maiden scoffed at them. On a normal sunny day she sat in her proper place being shown off like a porcelain doll with midnight colored hair then he appeared. He looked like a normal boy at first, with shaggy black hair and purple eyes yet behind his nonchalant smile and odd colored eyes she sensed a dark twisted personality. "Uh....hello." He said. This was the first time anyone has ever spoken to her in a non ceremonial way so at first she was thrown off.

"You mean me?" the boy cracked a smile. Tilting her head slightly the maiden was confused, "Yes you. My name's Konaki. Why are you just sitting there? Everyone's just walking by and not saying anything to you." looking down she swiped some of her hair out of her face, "You're pretty." He blurted. Now she really was confused, never had anyone called her anything but the bastard child of a fallen angel. Blushing, the girl tried to find the words. Sitting down next to her the boy sighed, "Look at this beautiful day, No clouds a clear blue sky." Many times she has seen the sky, to her it always looked the same. Just a barrier and deep reminder of where she fell from.

"You ok? You look sad." Konaki asked. "Oh no I'm just fine thank you." I'm reality she would had been to shy to carry on a conversation. "Konaki. Come we are done here." A man stood in front of them wearing a dark suit with even darker sun glasses, Akeno knew something was up the moment he appeared but keeping silent she looked away. "Aww but can't we stay a little lon...." Smack, the man backhanded the boy. Falling onto his butt the boy held back his tears. Glancing over his shoulder the boy wiped his mouth with his sleeve. "Bye...." She watched them walk off just as the sun sank behind the veil of trees.

The days that followed she wished for the warm company of the boy named Konaki yet he never showed until one night. She was laying in bed listening to the sounds of the night when a tapping noise echoed threw her room. It came from the window, getting up she crept slowly toward it when the boy appeared causing her to scream. "Wh...What are you doing here?" She muttered afraid she was going to wake someone even tho no one but her was there. "Come with me please. I need to show you something." she thought about arguing but his eyes held a sad suffocating gaze. Taking his hand she shimmied her way out the window. He lead her threw the woods, past trees and to a small cliff with a perfect view of the moon.

"Why did you bring me out here? What is it you wanted to show me?" She questioned. He sighed then started to chuckle, "Everything's ok now. My father told me to stay away from you that's why I haven't been around. Actually my father's here to, isn't that right dad?" She looked around for a person to come walking out of the brush but no one did. "Where?" She asked. Laughing again he pointed behind her, turning her eyes widened. On the ground laid the boys father in a pool of blood, "I took care of him, no more punishments. Nope, nope." The boy laughed. Akeno took a step away from him, "I will have to go soon but I'll take something of your's with me to remember you by." She looked around careful not to step in the blood, taking off her ring that her father had given her she tossed it to him yet he didn't even make an effort to catch it.

Taking out a already bloody knife he took a step toward her. "No something different. Something I couldn't get anywhere else. How about one of your wings." Fear shot threw her system, how could he know about that she hadn't told him. "In case your wondering my father told me what you are. He said stay away from the fallen scum oh well." She turned to run when he tackled her, he sat on her so that she faced the ground. She tried to scream yet no sound came. Using the knife he cut open the back of her shirt exposing her cream colored skin. "Show me your wings." Digging the tip of the blade into the middle of her back she groaned. Unable to hold back any longer her wings unfurled painfully.

He placed the blade at the base of her left wing. Her pleading and begging fell on deaf ears, he was out for blood to him taking this from her would be like a parting gift. Digging the knife in deep he jerked, cut, sliced and hacked the wing all the while the girl screamed and sobbed until she was on the verge of passing out. Once he successfully severed her once beautiful wing from her body he stood and wiped his cheek leaving a trail of crimson across his face. "Well looks like I cut a little to deep....sorry guess we won't be seeing each other again at all." After those cruel and cold words he walked off into the dark.

Pain. Seering deep pain was all she knew. The crunching of leaves caused her to wimper, thinking he had came back to finish the job she tried to crawl away when a hand touched her shoulder. Looking up she saw the face of a beautiful crimson haired girl with sparkling blue eyes. "You poor thing. I am Rias Gremory I see that not only has your own family forsaken you but now you've been attacked. I offer you a place in my household as my queen. Accept it become a devil of my household and live." The girl said while soothing the injured girl. Akeno couldn't speak so she nodded then let the pain take over.

Alex pov

"Dude wake up...." my eyes opened but I was blinded by a bright light. Once my eyesight was back I noticed Issei stood by my bedside. "What happened? Where's Akeno?" I blurted then tried to stand. Once my feet hit the ground it wasn't to long after that I fell to the floor clutching my injured side. "Take it easy. Asia healed you the best she could. It'll take a little while to stop hurting." The red dragon emperor helped me stand, sitting back on my bed I sighed. "To answer you....you're In the club room. We have our own sick bed here. As for Akeno.....some creep took her." smashing my fist into my pillow I gritted my teeth. I had let this happen, because of me Akeno has been taken God knows where.

Seeing my expression Issei patted my shoulder; "No need to look so glum, I've already got a plan." I stared at him. Since I've met him he struck me as the bumbling idiot, yet here He stood reassuring me of all people. He may be an idiot but he's one hell of a friend. "Ok I'll bite what's you're plan?" I asked then I waited to hear some long perverted plan to see a girls boobs when in came Kiba and Gasper. "The guys of the Gremory household are going to rescue Akeno!" He cheered.
"Uh behind the presidents back of course." Kiba added.
"Guess I'll stay here. I'd just get in the way or slow you guys down." I muttered, it was for the best. "No way you're coming with us. I'm pretty sure Akeno would rather see you then us." Issei said with a grin.
"So get up and let's get going." Kiba said. I stood, finally I was hopeful but I still had one question. "Wait how are we getting there?" the others looked at each other, it became evident they hadn't thought of it. "Why that's where I come in of course." Azazul stepped into the room smiling. Don't worry Akeno, I'm on my way.

To be continued...