Old Flame, New Burns

"You sure we can't get past this?" I asked. She glared at me with a look of pure anger. "Alright guess not." our blades locked in a shower of sparks. We each pushed against each other, I had no overwhelming intention of hurting her but she wasn't making it easy. Air like razor blades shot out of her sword and cut my clothes. Pushing her back I sighed, "You're pretty strong."
"I've trained countless hours. I never expected to see you again. After you left I ended up getting with the church." We clashed again but this time I could see something other than anger in her eyes. "And you ended up becoming a devil? What in the world could have caused that?" I asked. She lowered her guard, a good sign that I might be able to end this with words and not swords. "It happened after a fight with a high ranking fallen angel. That's also when I first summoned Duranl here." She motioned to her sword.

The sky turned a dark purple. Rias stood a few feet away with everyone else, "If you must fight then please make it quick."
"Why are you two fighting? Did I miss something?" Issie asked.
"I guess Xenovia is Alexander's ex girlfriend." Koneko muttered. I noticed Akeno seemed to frown at that statement. Xenovia swung at me, I snapped back to focus. She managed to cut a thin line across my chest something under normal circumstance wouldn't have hurt at all but something weird happened. Black smoke started to come from the wound, it burned badly. "No fatal attacks Xenovia." Rias commanded. I took a deep breath, Xenovia came running at me and swung again. Her blade glanced harmlessly off a tendril of darkness that sprouted from my back.

She gave me a shocked look. "Hmph. Your holy sword can't hurt my darkness. I'll swallow up all the light." I growled. The tendril of darkness shot out at her, she rolled sideways and came running at me. Black flames covered the blade of my sword. I swung as hard as I could. When our swords met this time the flames exploded. I was thrown backwards, I couldn't see her threw the smoke. Breathing heavily I stood, out of the smoke she came at me, her eyes filled with tears. 'Did I hurt her this much?' I asked myself. Dropping my sword I stepped forward and took her strike full force into my left shoulder. It hurt like hell but it sure surprised her and everyone else.

"Why didn't you dodge or block?" She asked. Grimacing I smiled then said, "I'd like to tell you but your sword is still in my shoulder." Yanking out with a little force She dropped it and stared at me, "Asia heal him." Rias said with worry. Everyone was staring at me, so much so that I felt like a circus reject. The blond started to heal the gap between my shoulder and the rest of my body. "Because frankly I deserved it. I hurt you a lot in our past to the point that this entire time you've harbored so much anger toward me. It's my fault and the least I could do is let you injure me." Rias touched my newly healed shoulder, "Heh. I see, so Xenovia think you can forgive him?" She asked. The blue haired girl picked my sword up off the ground and held the hilt out toward me, "I forgive you....Can you forgive me?" She asked. I nodded, everyone started to laugh. The purple all around us shattered.

From out of the sky a blinding light appeared and floated down. It came to a stop in front of our group then flashed. I'm it's place stood a tall pure white armor clad man with golden hair and a bright aura. Stepping in front of us protectively Rias and Akeno each had different colored circles glowing. The man inhaled deeply, "Queen of Ruin. Lightning Princess. Red Dragon Emperor. Twilight Healing. Sword Birth. Forbidden Valar View. Miss Kitty Ears. Durandals master and the Heart of Darkness all together in one place? My lucky day or so it seems." he spoke. His voice echoed around us. I wondered how exactly he knew what I was or what everyone else was.

"Be on your guard everyone. This man is..." Rias was cut off by him.
"I am Raphael. Archangel extraordinaire. I'm here on orders from Michael to check on you all. He sensed a dangerous presence near by."
"Then why haven't any of us sensed it ourselves?" Akeno asked.
"Perhaps you're to weak? Or that it has excellent hiding abilities."
"Nevertheless it hasn't shown any hostility toward any of us or the humans in this town so for now it's no concern of ours." Rias said. Raphael nodded then smiled, "Suite yourself. I'll be watching kiddies. Oh and darkness boy." I glared at him, "Try not to kill off any of your friends, it sure would be a shame." He laughed. A light enveloped him and he was gone. Sighing Rias looked around, "Well now that the excitement is over let's all get back before anyone notices that we are gone." She said.
"Sounds like a plan." Issei agreed.
"Yep." Asia smiled. Xenovia walked up to me, blushing she bowed slightly. "I am really sorry...." patting her head I rubbed my shoulder. "Don't worry about it. No hard feelings."