Chapter 32

Things were different after that night. Harry was always close, if we went somewhere like a party on the coast he'd hover near me. One of his arms always wrapped securely around my waist. It was strange. was the one to confess my love, not Harry yet now he acted like if he let me go I'd disappear. I got used to it quickly although I know I shouldn't. Harry told me he didn't think he could love me back and although it hurt I should get used to the fact that he could get tired of me. Before we met he was used to shagging a different girl every night and getting pissed drunk so he wouldn't remember in the morning. But it's been a long time since then, 6 months in fact since we first met..

I had a million question's after his little story though. 3 days later and I already had a million questions for him that I didn't want to ask because I was afraid to dig up old wounds again. But I wanted to know if he knew about my uncle Levy. I wanted to know why his step father never came looking for him. But I couldn't ask that yet..right?

I sighed and dug myself deeper into the cushion of the sofa while Harry made popcorn in the kitchen. We were watching a movie on the giant flat screen in the living room but I couldn't focus on it after a story like that. But Harry seemed fine, years and years of practiced hiding it I guess.

"You alright?" Harry asked, walking into the room with a big blue bowl of freshly popped popcorn. I smiled and nodded before holding my hands out and grasping the air like a child for the bowl of popcorn. Harry chuckled and handed it over then plopped down onto the couch beside me. I sunk into his side and threw a piece between my lips. "Something's up" he told me after a moment of silence. I looked up innocently, batting my large blue eyes which I was quite aware of how to use to get my way. 

"What do you mean?" I asked sweetly. 

"You know exactly what I mean" Harry answered sternly then grabbed the bowl of popcorn and placed it onto the small coffee table in front of us. "Spill" he demanded. I huffed and crossed my arms. 

"Haz, I don't wanna" I sounded like a child but I didn't particularly care at the moment. 

"Cryssy, tell me now or I'll make you" 

"Is that a threat or a promise?" I answered cheekily. Harry rolled his eyes but chuckled anyways. 

"Seriously babe, what's gotten into you. You haven't spoken the whole movie and normally I can't get you too shut up!" that was true, people hated watching movies with me, especially if it was one I'd already seen because I'd blab the entire way through and spoil the ending just as you were getting into it. 

"I just- Why didn't your step dad come looking for you?" I blurted, Harry seemed slightly taken back by the question. He shook his head and chewed his lip before sighing. 

"I guess he just never cared enough to come look for me. I mean, it dosen't matter now though. The bastard died in a car accident." he muttered. "I'm not saying he deserved it but he was real scum. He never cared about my mum or Gemma. We had money and he liked that. He didn't even ask about what happened to me the day they got murdered and the only reason I didn't go back to school the very next day is because I hid under my bed. Pathetic but I didn't want to go out into the world." He continued bitterly. I nodded and grabbed his hand, letting my thumb rub over his knuckles comfortingly as he spoke. "When did you plan on telling me Levy was your uncle?" he asked after a moment. I winced. 

"Honestly before this I never really thought it mattered because I didn't know where he was anyways. He came and visited me while I was dating Liam which was a shock and that's when you started to come around again" I smiled a bit at that. "But then he disappeared again. Honestly I didn't know he had such an impact on your life Harry and I'm sorry I never said anything" I apologized quietly and Harry pecked my forehead lightly.

"It's alright." I smiled and pulled his arm so it was around my waist and leaned into his side.

"Ya know, I always called my uncle Levy a male Nanny McPhee without the warts. " Harry laughed.

"Why on earth did you call him that?"

"Because Levy was always there when you needed a good kick in the ass to get you in gear but once you didn't need him anymore he disappeared"

"That's strangely accurate. When he went to visit you he also visited me. Told me to get my ass out of my the slump i was in and come after you"

"he did?" I asked. Harry nodded.

"I guess you could say he's the one who really got us together"

"Don't tell Lou that, he thinks hes a god among men for finding you a girlfriend" I joked and Harry laughed.  

"Well he introduced us and for that I'm thankful" he murmured. I smiled and placed my fingers lightly on his jaw to bring him down for a kiss. Feeling his soft pink lips against mine felt so right and the way he wrapped his arms around me and held me close couldn't have felt more natural. "I love you" I whispered against his lips when he finally pulled away. Harry smiled down at me before pecking my lips and peppering kisses around my face making me giggle. I knew it was too early for him to say back but the way he smiled was worth it.