Chapter 21

A few days later, Liam thought it would be a good idea to invite Harry to one of his football games. I didn't object because I did promise Harry we would be friends and Liam loved the support he got from games. But just to make sure we wouldn't be alone and I could control myself, I invited Louis, Niall, El and Nina. They were all ecstatic to come support Liam of course, so that made it a little easier for me. 

     Liam left early for a pre-game practice, so Nina picked me up an hour later with Eleanor already in the car and ready to go, so I hopped into the backseat. "So, how's it feel to have your boyfriend and ex all buddy-buddy?" El giggled. I rolled my eyes at her comment.

     "Weird as hell and I don't like it."

     "Why not?" Nina asked.

     "'Cause she still likes Harry," Eleanor answered. 

     "No way, really?"

     "Yes really," El answered again with a sly smile. 

     "Why didn't you tell me?!" Nina shrieked.

     "Because-"

     "CAN I SPEAK?" I finally screamed. Eleanor chuckled from the front seat before turning around and smiling at me. 

     "Oh, you know I'm only kidding. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have met Loubear." 

     "Loubear?" I repeated, mildly disturbed by the name. 

     "What?" 

     "Nothing, nothing. Anyway, no, I don't like Harry. Don't listen to this idiot, Nina."

     "Hey!"

     "Love you, El" I smiled, and she pouted. "Oh, shut up, I gave you your future husband." Eleanor blushed a bright pink as Nina cackled from the driver's seat. 

     "That was pretty funny," Nina laughed. I smiled triumphantly, not only because Nina acknowledged my humor, but because I had successfully changed the subject without them realizing.

     "Thanks," I smiled. "So, Louis and Niall are definitely coming?" I asked. They both nodded.

     "Lou said something about bringing another of his friends though . . .Zayn, I think it was?" Eleanor hummed. 

     "Oh, that'll be interesting," I mumbled.

     "Wait, isn't Zayn that guy who flirted with you in the bar before you and Harry dated, and he went ape-shit and you, like, kissed him that night?" Nina recited. 

     "Yep, that's him."

     "Oh shit, how do you think Harry will handle seeing him?"

     I shrugged. "Hopefully they don't kill each other. I mean, I'm not dating Harry anymore and we are just friends . . .it should be okay, right?" 

     "You weren't dating the first time either." 

     "Well- I don't know," I groaned. Nina laughed. 

     "Calm down, everything will be fine."

     I hummed in response.  "I hope so."

     "We're here!" Eleanor squealed. Nina and I laughed quietly at Eleanor's childishness. She seemed to turn into a seven year old anytime Louis was involved. 

     The three of us exited the car and El was quick to call Louis. Nina and I babbled pointlessly as El talked to Louis. After a moment, she was guiding us to the stands where five boys stood chatting. Liam in his football jersey laughing quietly next to Louis, Niall babbling loudly towards Zayn, who nodded quietly. Last was Harry, standing on the end and leaning up against the fence that separated the field from the stands. His head was bowed so his curls draped over his forehead and his arms crossed as he glared at the floor. It was night, but the field's lights made it easy to see his flawless features; pale skin, pouty lips, dark ringlets and dimples that were hidden in his cheeks. El shouted before running over to the group, causing his head to tilt upwards and over to us. My breath caught in my throat as his green eyes met mine, beautiful in the light. I sucked in a deep breath before looking away. Liam was smiling at me with arms open and despite my earlier feelings, I grinned at him, falling into his arms easily.

     "Hey babe," he grinned, giving my forehead a peck before kissing my lips. I giggled slightly.

     "Hey, you ready?"

     He nodded. "I'm so glad all you guys came"

     "Gotta support you, love," I smiled, and he grinned again. I turned to my side to greet Louis, Niall, and Zayn who all politely said hello back. "I'm gonna go say hi to Harry, okay?" I told Liam, kind of like I was asking permission. Liam nodded and I pecked his lips before walking around our group to Harry. He was still leaning up against the fence with arms crossed. 

     "Hey, loner." 

     Harry's lips kinked upward on one side at the sound of my voice, sparking my own small grin as I leaned up against the fence next to him, staring up at his face from where I stood and admiring him. Even with the group right next to us, they were too loud to hear what we talked about, so I asked, "You and Zayn cool now?"