Chapter 22

It was the day before summer break, and everyone was packing up their dorms to go back home or to go on vacation. I was doing neither. I wasn't really a fan of visiting home especially now after my parents divorced. It was a challenge just to get them at the same table for a celebration dinner; I learned that on my sixteenth birthday. I was walking to the bus stop since Liam had practice today and I didn't really feel up to watching from the bleachers for hours  like I usually did. 

     "Hey, stranger." I looked over to the black car riding beside me on the road and laughed. Harry had his head poking out of the car window with a stupid grin plastered to his face. 

     "You're so lame, Harold," I smiled. Harry chuckled and tucked his head back in the car. 

     "Get in, I'll drive you home." I nodded and and walked around the car, hopping into the passenger's seat and giving a huff of relief. 

     "Long day?" I nodded, closing my eyes and resting my head against the seat, trying to ignore the thrumming of my own heartbeat. "Can I show you something?" Harry asked suddenly, making me peak through my lashes to see him. He was staring at the road, eyebrows scrunched together as he focused on driving. 

     "Uh sure. But where?" 

     "It's a surprise," he said, now turning to give me a small smile. I rolled my eyes and went back to relaxing against the seat. I didn't remember falling asleep, but I recall a sweet voice calling me to wake. "Cryssy? Love? Wake up, we're here babe," I moaned a little and grabbed the hand ghosting over my cheek and snuggling it like a teddy bear. He laughed a little and I felt lips on my cheek that moved slowly between words he said, "Love . . .wake up, we're here," he said, his lips right on the corner of my own. I knew I shouldn't have kept my eyes closed in hopes he'd kiss my lips, but I did. "I know you're awake now," he laughed, his breath hitting my cheeks and smelling of mint. I pouted and opened my eyes, meeting his wide and curious green ones only inches from me. I'd be lying if I didn't say they were beautiful. It was a type of green you can't really explain, the type that has a few other colors mixed in but still gives it a vibrant green look and you swore the twinkle in his eyes were stars. His eyes were so clear and pretty, it was hard to keep your breathe. "Afternoon, lovely." 

     "Why can't I just sleep?"

     "Because I have something to show you," Harry grinned and I huffed, palming my eyes to wipe away the sleep before grabbing Harry's hand and sliding down from the seat and onto the pavement since the car was so high. I took a moment to look around and frowned. 

     "Where the hell are we?"  We were parked in the middle of no-where practically with a sign a couple feet ahead that read something about a hike trail. 

     "In nature," Harry replied, snatching a blanket from the back seat. 

     "This isn't another picnic, is it?" Harry laughed. 

     "Nope. I'm pretty sure this is better." 

     "For a boxer, you sure are into the whole surprise trip thing," I commented as we began walking up the trail. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to make this a date," I said, turning to look up at his shy smile. I felt the need to remind him of Liam, but at the same time, ruining it didn't seem like a very good option either. But we were friends, right? Friends did things like this? . . .Surprise trips to god knows where . . .

     "So uhm, how's Lacey?" I asked after five minutes of walking and chatting about music. Harry shrugged. 

     "Dunno, haven't talked to her in a week or so." My eyebrows furrowed together in slight confusion, despite being elated he wasn't speaking to the blonde whore. 

     "Why?"

     "After the whole flirting with Liam thing at the bar, I just kinda got tired of her," Harry said, walking slightly ahead. 

     "Woah, woah hold on there Mr. Legs-That-Go-On-For-Miles," I said as I jogged to catch his pace. "So you guys aren't together anymore?" I confirmed when I'd caught my breath. 

     "We were never really a thing, I guess. She was just a distraction and good for the image at the time, so I dealt with her," he said. I wanted to see Harry's eyes as he spoke. I wanted to see the way his eyebrows furrowed together as he walked and talked, like he was focusing on doing both so he wouldn't trip over his own feet and fall. But his sunglasses blocked the view, so I settled on watching his lips. 

     "Well she was a slut anyway," I huffed, suddenly slipping on a rock and heading face first for the dirt but I never hit the floor. Harry's arm had wrapped around my waist and pulled me into his side fast enough to catch me. I looked up, breathing quicker than normal and my heart beating faster under the rays of the sun. "Nice reflexes," I breathed, and Harry smirked. 

     "I am a boxer." I smiled a little at his words before standing up correctly again. 

     "Thanks."

     "No problem, love." 

     After ten minutes of walking, the dirt trail, and several almost-falls, we made it to the top. There was a big tree on a ledge and just below the little ledge was a field of beautiful wild flowers of all colors in tall grass. It was beautiful. "How did you find this?" I asked, ambling over to the ledge-like-step. I sat there, letting my feet dangle in the few feet of space since my toes almost hit the ground. Harry took the spot next to me, leaving the blanket behind us. 

     "I go jogging when I can't sleep at night, and I found this place the other day. I thought you'd like  it," he smiled, bumping shoulders with me. I stared back at him with a wide smile. 

     "Well I do, Mr. Romeo."

     "Why do I always get the weird nicknames?"

     I laughed. "Cause you're a weird person, Haz." 

     He pouted.  "Am not!"

     "Are too."

     "Take it back or I'll tickle you to death," Harry growled rather fiercely, scrunching his eyebrows together and looking like an angry kitten. 

     "Feisty," I laughed. 

     "You asked for it!" Harry's abnormally large hands came in handy for himself as he tickled me. I couldn't help but squeal and giggle and try and pull them off until I couldn't breathe anymore. And even then, he still wouldn't stop. I was gasping on the ground with Harry hovering over me when he finally stopped. 

     "I give! I give!" I laughed pathetically, and Harry smirked from above me. "You're an ass," I managed to say when I finally caught my breath. Harry laughed from deep in his throat and it sent shivers up my spine. 

     "I warned you. You asked for it." I rolled my eyes and reached down his back until I reached his pocket, sneakily pulling out his car key and tucking it in my own pocket. I had a feeling it may come in handy later.

     "You have pretty eyes," Harry said, causing me to stare curiously at the curly-headed boy. 

     "Really?" I asked, ignoring the fact he was laying on top of me while I lay on a blanket on the dirt.

     "Yup."

     "You have pretty eyes, too," I complimented, which was a huge understatement. 

     "And pretty lips," he said lowly, his eyes flicking down towards them and I couldn't help admire his. 

     "Your lips are pretty, too."

     "They look very kissable," he breathed. 

     I wanted to protest. To scream and push him off because I was with someone. Someone I cared a lot about and didn't want to hurt. But every part of me yearned for Harry in every way. For his touch, his scent, his voice. It made my senses go wild as he hovered above me. My eyes drifted upwards again to find him already staring at me. We were so close, I could feel his breath hit my face and smell the mint on his breath. I didn't stop him when he leaned closer and his eyes moved towards my lips again. I didn't stop him when our lips met. I didn't stop him when his tongue grazed my bottom lip. 

     I couldn't. Because my body didn't react to my brain. It reacted to my heart, and my heart needed Harry. I needed Harry more than I could ever imagine.  I could tell by the kiss. It was filled with passion and warmth. Harry's lips were gentle on mine as they moved in sync. It wasn't like kissing Liam, where it felt like something was missing. Harry had it; that spark that left my lips tingling when we pulled apart. He had something I couldn't explain. 

     "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that," he breathed, and despite being in my own little heaven, I had to ground myself, so I closed my eyes and sighed. 

     "Harry-"

     "I know, I know. You're with Liam, and that shouldn't have happened, but it did and you can't say you didn't feel what I did," Harry replied in a low voice as he moved to the spot next to me. I tried to suppress a groan as I sat up next to him. We sat that way for awhile, just quiet and watching the grass sway with the wind. 

     "Liam's going to be so heartbroken and mad," I mumbled. 

     "Well, we don't have to worry about that now. Let's just hang out and watch the sun set in an hour," Harry reasoned. 

     "Haz, I really think I should get back. I mean, we kissed. We can't just act like nothing happened. I need to go to Liam and-"

     "Shut up, Cryssy. You worry too much, just relax. Besides, how will you go anywhere without the me? I got the keys," he grinned. I stood up to try and mask my smirk as I brushed myself off. 

     "Actually, Harry," I began, turning towards him and grabbing the keys from my back pocket and dangling them in the air "I have the keys." 

     "How did you get those!?" Harry shouted, shooting up from his spot and checking his pockets. 

     "While you were tickling me," I smirked, still shaking them in front of him. Harry glared. 

     "Fine, we can go," he grunted. 

     "Good," I smiled, only for Harry to snatch them and throw them towards the grass.  "HARRY WHAT THE HELL?!" He grinned from beside me. 

     "You're not going anywhere anytime soon." 

     "OBVIOUSLY. YOU JUST THREW THE KEYS TO GOD KNOWS WHERE. WHAT THE FUCK," I screamed. 

     "Come on, love. I'll help you find them," Harry chuckled, tugging me by the hand and towards the grass. I groaned, following him through the grass towards the area where he threw them and then splitting off. 

     "I can't believe you," I muttered as I continued to stare at the ground in search of something shiny. 

     "Well, you wanted to leave."

     "And for good reason!" 

     "It was a terrible reason," Harry commented, and I rolled my eyes. 

     "Well, you're not the one who's gotta break the news of kissing another guy to their boyfriend."

     "True," Harry agreed. "Bet I'm a better kisser, though."

     "Harold!" I scolded, throwing a rock at him from my place in the grass, and he laughed as it hit his back. 

     "You know it's true!" 

     "Shut up!"

     "I'll take that as a yes," he smirked triumphantly and I groaned. It was true. 

     Twenty minutes later, I came across something shiny in the grass and shouted in triumph. "I've got them!" 

     "You did?" Harry asked, waltzing over curiously, and I smiled, holding them up for him to see. "Excellent," he grinned, then took them and chucked them across the field, causing my jaw to drop.

     "Are you serious?" Harry giggled like a school girl at my expression. "I'm so going to kill you!" I hollered trying to jump over the grass and grab him, but he was too fast, so I settled on falling into the grass and watching the clouds.

     "I hate you," I said as he lay down next to me, pulling his arms behind his head as he watched the clouds. 

     "If you hated me, you wouldn't have let me get away with kissing you so easily," Harry smirked. 

     "Shut up."

     Harry just laughed. 

A/N: Please comment and let me know what you think

And thanks a million for all the comments last chapter just AGH! It's what makes me update faster so keep it up! ;D