Chapter 17

In just two days, I had already become accustomed to Harry picking me up after school. Seeing that the spot where he always stood was empty made me queasy as I walked to the bus stop. The whole world buzzed around me as I walked, but I couldn't pay any less attention even if I tried because my thoughts were swimming in the green of Harry's eyes. I could feel the brush of his curls on my fingertips and his lips pressed to mine. It felt awful. Kind of like a hang-over; my head felt weary and my eyes hurt and my body felt drained. I was practically a walking zombie just going through the motions of everyday life. 

     When I got home, I threw my books onto my living room table since it was Friday and I didn't plan on doing any work until tomorrow. I was determined to have a lazy weekend for once. The only work I'd do would be my literature paper that's due on Monday. I slipped into the kitchen and retrieved a beer from the fridge, popping the cap and taking a swig. Anybody who saw me now would probably think I'm an alcoholic, but in truth, this is the most I've ever drank in a week.  I had gone to more clubs this week than I have in the past four months. 

     I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket and tugged it out, sliding the unlock on the screen and reading the text from Nina. 'I'm picking you up at three, lets hang by the pool' I typed in 'okay,' as a response. It was a strangely warm day anyway, and I could use the sun. So, when three o'clock rolled by, so did Nina's car. I jogged down the driveway in my sun dress that hid my bikini and hopped into the passenger's seat. "What made you wanna have a pool day?"

     "Louis wanted to hang out with Eleanor again, and I didn't want to be alone with two flirts." I groaned. 

     "Why didn't you just set them up?"

     "'Cause I figured now would be a good time for you to meet Liam."

     "Who?"

     "Liam? From our lit class?" I furrowed my brows in confusion. 

     "Never heard of him."

     "Jesus Cryssy, the one who sits two rows behind you?"

     "With the puppy dog eyes?"

     "Yeah, him."

     "Oh, he's cute." She laughed.

     "Exactly. He's a total sweetheart, and, after the whole Harry thing, I thought you could use a change," I sighed. Nina was constantly trying to set me up with guys. "Plus, he thinks your really cute," she grinned. 

     "Alright fine, but what about you?"

     "I have a cat."

     And she wasn't kidding. The moment we walked through her front door, she scooped up a small tabby cat into her arms and kissed it's head. "His name's Niam." 

     "Niam?" I asked skeptically, and she bobbed her head furiously. 

     "Isn't it adorable?" 

     "I was thinking kinda weird, but okay." Nina glared, but cut it short when the doorbell rang. She set Niam on the floor and scampered to the door. She greeted Eleanor warmly, and then El scurried over to me, pecking my cheek and asking how things with Harry were going. We had a long conversation after that, filled with many 'I'm sorry's' from El and quite a few 'it's okay's' and 'you didn't know's' from myself. We ended it when Louis arrived and headed out to the back yard, lounging around the pool. Louis and Eleanor were engrossed in a serious discussion about TOMS, while I choose to sun-bathe with my head phones in. It wasn't till I got nudged in the side by Nina's foot that I came back to reality. Nina stood over me with a wide grin with whom I remembered was Liam right next to her, holding a shy smile on his face. 

     "Cryssy, this is Liam! Liam, as you know, this is Cryssy," she grinned, elbowing his side not-so-secretly. Liam blushed, and extended his hand. I smiled and shook it. His hands weren't as large as Harry's, but they were a hell of a lot bigger than my puny ones. 

     "Hello Liam, it's nice to meet you." 

     "Likewise," he greeted politely. 

     "Well, I'm going to get some drinks. Be back in a few!" Nina piped up shortly after, and then quickly left. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Liam, who had shoved his hands into his pockets with a shy smile. 

     "May I sit?" he asked, gesturing towards the lawn chair beside my own with a nod of his head. 

     "Oh, yeah sure," I answered stumbling slightly on my words. I blushed in slight embarrassment and turned so I was facing him again. He was in a pair of light blue swim trunks and a white tank top. He had a few tattoos on his arms, but no where near as many as Harry. His hair was short and spiked into a small mohawk, which framed his puppy-like face nicely. His eyes were big and brown, and they seemed warm and honest, which I liked a lot. He was much different from Harry, that's for sure. 

     "So what are you taking lit for?" Liam asked, clasping his hands together after he had rested his elbows on his knees. My eyes traveled from his hands up his very muscled arms and towards his toned chest. He was quite fit. 

     "I uhm, it's kind of like a back-up. I want to be a nurse, but journalism is my plan B," I told him, and nodded with a slight smile. "How about you?" 

     "I like to write, but my parents want me to major in sports. So, that's why I'm at this university on scholarship, but I made a deal. I take one literature for myself." 

     "Impressive, you're on the football team?" he nodded with a grin. "Position?"

     "Quarterback." 

     "Now I see why you're so fit," I laughed. Liam chuckled with pink cheeks before responding. 

     "You're pretty fit yourself. Let me guess, high school cheerleader?" I rolled my eyes, but smiled anyway. 

     "Actually, I was a dancer for a long time. I was completely determined to master singing, dancing, and acting until I was sixteen. That's when I discovered what it was like to help people, and I just knew that was my passion," I explained, and he listened intently with a small smile on his lips. "But I still danced, for my mum's sake at least. She was a ballerina, and god knows what she'd  do if I didn't express some sort of love for dance," I laughed and Liam joined me. 

     "Guess we are kind of alike with how our parents feel about what we do," he commented and I nodded.

     "Guess we are." 

     Nina handed us some lemonades and took a seat across the pool, Niam hopping up onto her lap as she began to sun-bathe again but I knew she was staring me down underneath her sun glasses. "She's gonna get a tan right around her pussy," I thought aloud, immediately regretting it when Liam choked on his drink. "Oh god, that wasn't supposed to come out. I was talking about the cat!" I gushed, quickly trying to hide my reddening cheeks. Liam cracked up as I buried my face in my hands. 

     "It's alright love, happens to  the best of us," he chuckled. I puffed out some air and peeked up at him with warm cheeks. He smiled, and it wasn't until then that I heard Louis laughing hysterically by the pool. 

     "TAN AROUND HER PUSSY. THAT'S GREAT CRYSSY. OH GOSH I'M DYING OVER HERE," he howled. I groaned, and let my head fall back onto the head of the lawn chair in embarrassment. Normally, I wouldn't be so embarrassed around my friends, but Liam made it hard not to be, what with those big brown eyes watching my every move in utter fascination. It was adorable, but also made me feel the need to be perfect. 

     The bottom of the chair sunk down a little, and a large hand began to pat my bare back. "It's alright, love. I thought it was quite funny, and your pink cheeks are very cute," Liam told me from his spot beside me. I peeked over at him between my fingers slowly. 

     "Really?"     

     "Yes, really," he smiled, his arm traveling from my back to my shoulder so his arm was around me. "Now, take your hands down so I can see that pretty face," I couldn't help but smile at that, my cheeks still a fiery red, but I was less embarrassed now. "Lovely," he smiled.  "Now, care to go for a swim?" Liam stood from the chair and faced me with one hand out for me to take. I rolled my eyes and took it, letting him hoist me up. I dropped my sunglasses on the chair and kicked off my sandals while Liam removed his tank top. It was hard to tell if he was as fit as Harry, but he was definitely very fit. We walked to the edge of the water where Eleanor and Louis greeted us, Louis, of course, snickering like a madman. I was surprised he hadn't brought up Harry yet. 

     "We should chicken fight!" Louis offered cheerily the moment we stepped in, and I rolled my eyes. 

     "Seriously Lou-"

     "That sounds fun!" Eleanor piped up over me. Liam smiled, seeing my slight irritation but since I knew El was just excited to be with Louis again, I let it go. 

     "Yeah, sounds great," I offered lamely. Liam bumped my side in slight encouragement and I smiled. 

     "Great! Come on El! Cryssy, get on Liam!" I blushed as Louis sunk into the water to let El climb onto his shoulders. Liam did the same with the same shy smile on his face as before. I walked around him, placing my hands on his thick shoulders and scrambling to get my legs around them. When I finally did, Liam stood up and gripped my thighs so I wouldn't fall. I felt extremely heavy, but Liam acted like I was light as a feather.

     "Ready, guys?" Nina asked from her spot beside the pool. A small smirk played on her lips as she watched "Go!"

A/N: uh ohhh looks like Cryssy's moving on guys....how ya feeling? Haha, hate me yet?