Green Lantern - Hey Roomie

(Requested by simplysolo )

When your job doesn't provide as much money as you had hoped, sometimes, you need a roommate. Your roomie's name is Hal Jordan.

The problem is, neither of you know what the other does in their spare time.

Your free time is spent being the amazing super thief 'The Red Tide'. Named accordingly because you can control water. Your mortal enemy is none other than the famous Green Lantern.

Constantly you go toe-to-toe with him, and constantly you beat the crap out of each other. And each time, you and Hal help each other get cleaned up, no questions asked. Well, until this morning.

"How you feeling?" You ask Hal as he gets out of his room.

"Awful." He says. He turns around and shows you the back of his shirt. It's red and brown and sticks to his skin. You grimace.

"Ouch," you say as you reach for the first aid kit.

"What happened?" You say, without thinking.

"Uhhhh..." He says.

"Sorry, I forgot, 'No questions asked'." You say

"Its okay, I...uh...was in an accident." He said.

"Shouldn't you have gone to the hospital? Don't the cops and ambulances normally come?" You ask.

"Well, I was in a flash flood and the police couldn't get to me." He says while looking down at the floor.

You scrunch up your eyebrows in confusion. Your city has never had a flash flood before. Well, not a natural one anyway, but you've caused a few. In fact, last night you had caused one. You feel so guilty. Did you do that to him? Was it your fault? For a super thief, you weren't very mean in real life and you would hate to think Hal got hurt because of you.

"I'm sorry," you say.

"Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything," he says.

"Hehe, right." You say.

You finish cleaning him up. And ask him to stitch up the large gash on your arm.

"How did you do that? Since I told you this morning, its entirely fair," he smiled.

"I...uh...got hit by a flying shovel. It flew of a truck." You say.

It sounds ridiculous, but Hal simply shrugs and continues sewing up your arm.

*later that night*

You shot a stream of water at green lantern and he dodges. He returns fire with a large flyswatter. It hits you and you land against a building.

"That all you got, Lantern?" You groan as you stand back up.

"Nope," he said as he hit you again.

You stayed down for a second, but slowly got up.

"This'll be fun to show Hal," you say to yourself.

Lantern must've over heard you, because he landed nearby and stood looking confused.

"Hal?" He said.

"Its nothing," you say as you stand up slowly and sorely.

"(Y/n)?" He asks.

You both stare each other down.

"Hal?" You ask.

Your stunned. Your roommate is the Green Lantern! It does kinda make sense in retrospect.

"Well, I'm going home." You say.

"Yeah, I think I will too." He says.

*at the apartment*

"So..." You say.

"So..." He says, "What now?"

"I dont know," you shrug.

"Sorry for hitting you with a flyswatter." Hal says.

"And I'm sorry for almost drowning you." You apologize.

"Wanna go get some dinner?" He asks.

"Why not." You shrug.

***

And that is how you, a super thief, and Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern, began dating.

A/n: this one is kinda cheesy, but I thought the idea was cute.