Jonathan Crane - The Fear Within

You sit up in bed. Something isn't right. Normally, the sound of Jonathan's snoring fills the other side of your bed, but the room is silent. You feel around the blanket for any sign of him. Nothing. He's not there.

You swing your legs over the side of the bed and stand up. You gingerly tiptoe to the door and open it. You look out into the hallway and see a light coming from the kitchen. You sigh. You walk down the hall, treading lightly.

"Jonathan?" You whisper as you enter the kitchen, "Did you have another nightmare?"

He looks up from his tea.

"Yes, but Im fine (y/n). Go back to bed." He says as he rubs his eyes.

"Not likely." You say, taking a seat at the table, "Was it about her?"

The her was refering to his religious nutjob grandmother. When Jonathan was younger, she would constantly beat him and treat him like dirt.

"Yes, per the usual." He answered.

Most of his nightmares revoled around her.

"She's gone, Jonathan. She can't hurt you." You say reaching across the table grabbing his hand.

"You dont think I know that!" He yelled.

You retracted your hand. He often lost his temper when he had nightmares, but he never, ever, hurt you.

"Im sorry, (y/n)" he said. He stood up and came around the table. You also stood up and wraped your arms around him, holding him tightly.

"Its okay." You whisper, "I love you, Jonathan."

"I love you too."