Jerome Valeska - Disappearing Act

( Requested by KateR_10 )

This is going to be a long one :3

Being caught with your hand in the cookie jar is not a great thing. Especially when it's because some dumb redheaded kid blows your cover. You had just begun to stick your hand in some guys pocket when Mr. Loudmouth started to laugh behind you so hard, that the guy looked down and grabbed your wrist. You stared him down as you were put into the police car, and vowed, if you ever saw him again, you would rip out his funny bone.

You had spent the next three years in a juvenile prison (mostly because you already had a pretty good record). Which is three years to many. Now, at 18, you were being released due to your good behavior.

You walk around downtown Gotham again and take a deep breath. It smells of sewage and filth, but it's the smell of home. You scan the streets and see that Fish Mooney's place seems to have had some changes. A blue umbrella lights up the dark sidewalk. You see a crowd gathering and people slowly filing in.

You move closer and see someone checking invitations. You search around to see if you can spot any invitations sticking out of someone's pocket.

There is a guy walking towards the building and you can make out the invitation in his tight, right-hand pocket. You walk towards him in the opposite direction and as he walks by, you grab the corner of the thick cardstock and pull it out.

You smirk as you then watch him be pushed out of line by the bouncer and him subsequently yelling that he was sure he had his invitation when he left.

You enter the line and wait until it's your turn. As you hand the bouncer the invitation, he eyes you suspiciously. You don't look like you're dressed for a party in your jeans and (y/f/band) t-shirt. He lets you go, but he watches closely as you slip into the doorway.

You look around. It's changed a lot since Fish was here. Everything is blue instead of red, and it almost seems like its colder.

You scan around the room looking for someone else to pickpocket. Everyone here looks like they have enough money, and taking a little pocket change shouldn't hurt a soul. You see one guy, who is surrounded by a bunch of girls. His back is too you so you sneak your way through the tight crowd and get behind him. As you reach into his pocket, he grabs onto your wrist.

"Tsk tsk tsk," he tuts, "you shouldn't take things that aren't yours."

He slowly turns around and faces you.

It was him. The dumb redheaded kid from three years ago.

You pull your arm away, but stand your ground.

"You," you got right in his face, "It's because of you that I spent the last three years in prison."

You whisper yell at him so you can avoid too much attention.

He tilts his head a little and pretends to think for a second.

"Ohhhh, you must be that pickpocket that got arrested after I laughed at you" he smiled, "I cant help if your jeans had a huge hole on your butt, and I could see your spongebob underwear."

Thankfully, he leaned in close and whispered the second part. But either way you were now a deep shade of pink, and you were pretty sure you wanted to kill him even more now.

You start to turn towards the exit, but the sound of a gunshot stops you in your tracks.

Remember that guy you took the invitation from? Yeah, its him.

"Nobody move! Someone stole my invitation and they're in here!"

You slowly move backwards, but you run into Mr. Giggles.