Gentle Melody

So this is kind of a long chapter, hopefully enjoyable. It took ages to write so hope you like it!

Ella :))

***

4 years later

~Rose's POV

(I have no idea what chapter number this is)

We ended up getting married on the 8th of June that year. Well, we actually married twice. Once on Earth so everyone could be there, and secondly on Canticum Aurae, where we were both blessed...again. Two years after that, we took a break, settling Jenny into life on the TARDIS and getting back into the swing of things. Mickey and Martha are still together, and so are Clara and Jack. It's been a busy four years, but well worth everything. Jenny's first planet she visited was Canticum Aurae, we felt it was right. And we've not faced any danger as big as what happened with the Master. And no more babies, for now anyway. I flip another page of my cook book. We picked it up from a planet called Clampea, in exchange for a tiny piece of my hair. I don't know why, the Doctor said they like a small something from everyone who visits. Anyway, apparently this cookbook holds the best recipes in the universe, so my hair must be pretty special. Suddenly the TARDIS doors burst wide open, revealing the Doctor and Matty. "Back already?" I say, as they Walk up the ramp.

"There wasn't much to get." The Doctor smiles and shuts the TARDIS door behind him. They'd both gone out for the day to do some food shopping, Matty's worst nightmare. I guess it's any 9 year old boys nightmare.

"You alright?" I say to Matty and ruffle his hair.

"Please, don't make me do that again." He grumbles. Me and the Doctor laugh at his reaction. I take one of the carrier bags from the Doctor. "Mum, it's serious. I could have died." Matty fake strangles his throat and falls on the grating, and pretending to go limp.

"Stop over reacting." I laugh and nudge his side with my foot. "Now help your Dad with some bags." Matty jumps up and takes two bags from the Doctor, and runs into the kitchen. He's been doing a lot of running recently, practically everywhere. I take another bag from the Doctor and we head off into the kitchen.

"Where's Jenny?" He asks.

"On the piano in the library." I reply, and set two bags down on the kitchen counter.

"Does she ever come off that thing?" The Doctor laughs.

"I guess not." I take another bag and place it on the side, and the Doctor places the others on the counter top. There one bag left, I lift it up.

"Blimey, what's in this thing?" I say, struggling with the weight and dropping on to the counter.

"Umm.." The Doctor tugs at his ear.

"What is it?" I say with a small grin and peer inside the bag. I'm alarmed by a mass of yellow bananas. "Doctor!" I look up at him, unimpressed.

"What?! Bananas are perfectly good brain food, the best in fact. Great source of potassium bananas are. Plus, they're yellow, and good for parties. Can never have enough bananas, never. And-"

"Right! Okay, you love bananas." I laugh and cross my arms over my chest. "Why so many?"

"They're good!" The Doctor says defensively.

"Alright." I sigh with a small laugh. Then the Doctor suddenly pales. "What is it?" I ask, and follow his gaze. And then I spot it, at the bottom of the bag, is a green pear.

"What's that doing in there?!" The Doctor opens the bag and pulls the pear out, throwing it on the floor.

"Hey! I would've eaten that!" I pick up the pear and brush it off "It's probably all bruised now."