Chapter 33

((Much shorter wait this time, eh? I hope you enjoy this long chapter.

Whoever made the awesome cover on the side, please send me your UN and I’ll dedicate this to you :)

Check out the cool song by Two Steps from Hell! It fits the epic battle scene. It’s a very exciting song that I recommend listening to at the beginning.

I think you all will like this chapter…..))

---

As soon as the vampires realized they were being ambushed, they swung into hissing crouches, and the two sides clashed with feral roars from the werewolves.

I honed in on the nearest vampire, a scrawny female with white-blonde hair that fixated her menacing bright blue eyes on me with a snarl. We circled each other, and I patiently waited for her to attack. I knew instantly that I was stronger. It was some sort of instinct that told me she wasn’t very old for a vampire, and the newfound power pumping through my veins would allow me to kill her easily. I bared my fangs at her, almost as tall as her shoulder even while in Wolf form.

With an impatient grunt she lunged at me, moving surprisingly fast, but I sprung out of the way and turned to face her again. Apparently my rosary truly was drained of power because she had no issue getting close to me.

“What, is the little doggy scared?” The vampire’s eyes had darkened to pitch-black and her fangs were exposed, letting me know the demon inside of her was making its presence known. What caught my attention most, though, was her voice. I recognized her from the vampires I had been eavesdropping on earlier . . . the ones talking about abusing my Mate.

In the blink of an eye I lunged faster than I ever had before. She had no time to dodge or even realize I was moving before I’d knocked her over, a furious snarl escaping my jaws. As she landed on her back with me on top of her, I thought I heard something crack, likely caused from the sheer force I’d used. Panic flickered in the black depths of her eyes and she struggled, attempting to get leverage to sink her fangs in my neck, but I didn’t give her the chance. I lowered my head in a blur of movement and clamped my jaws around her jugular, biting down with incredible strength until I felt the bones crack and she lay still. Then I twisted with a jerk of my head as if I were killing prey, and broke her neck. That ought to knock her out for a while. I didn’t have time to behead her because another vampire was already approaching me.

The vampires had gotten over their initial shock and were clearly realizing they had us outnumbered. I could not focus on that, though; I had to take it one vampire at a time. A muscular male was stalking over to me, his brown hair long and tangled and his eyes feral. In another situation it would have been frightening to witness the sheer lack of humanity and compassion in his black orbs; they were voids of emotionless cruelty. He was an abomination.

Before he could make a move, a brown blur whizzed by and Will collided with him from behind, making the vampire stagger and howl in agony as Will sank his teeth into the closest flesh he could reach: the vampire’s arm. I took this opportunity to leap at the bloodsucker from the other side. As the vampire struggled, swinging wildly as he tried to pry his arm from Will’s iron grip, I caught his other arm in my mouth. Trying to ignore the acidity of his blood, I gave a mighty wrench, putting in every ounce of force that I could.

With a disgusting squelching sound the arm came loose and the vampire collapsed, writhing in pain. My stomach heaved at the macabre sight but I had to remember that these were demons and they deserved what they got. Will broke the creature’s neck and tossed me a wolf grin.