Chapter 32

((I apologize for the dreadful wait. A lot of things came up and I wasn’t looking forward to writing the first parts of this chapter, but it had to be done for the sake of logic. It’s a pretty dang long chapter, so please enjoy.

And remember, I know it sucks waiting, but you’re reading this book for free and I’m writing in my spare time. Those of you sending me frustrated messages aren’t getting any sympathy from me. This book takes time to write! Anyways,

Check out the cool cover on the side by dude_its1d!

Those of you still sending me covers, know that I very much appreciate them, but I have about 25 of them and only a few chapters left. Most of them probably won’t get shown, and I’m sorry. :/

Song is from Braveheart. It’s called, “For the Love of a Princess”, a beautiful composition. I kind of think of it as the theme for Gabriel’s actions/motives during the story. Just listen to it :)

Thank you Belle for editing, as always ))

---

---

Raziel and I returned to the car while Rebekah stayed behind in the decrepit house for a few moments longer. I wasn’t sure whether she was getting more information from Vivian or just saying her goodbyes, but I was too caught up in my own thoughts to care. We only had three days. Three days to formulate a plan and fly across the world. I wasn’t sure how we were even going to get into Israel; it wasn’t like I had a passport. Hopefully Raziel had a few tricks up his sleeve.

I pressed my cheek against the cool window, releasing a drawn-out sigh. A few moments of silence passed, Raziel remaining quiet in the front seat while I stared aimlessly at our dingy surroundings. When Rebekah returned, she had a grim expression and my stomach plummeted lower. I just didn’t see how we could come up with a brilliant plan with such limited time and resources.

“If you can find a way to get us to Israel, I think we can make this work,” Rebekah said quietly, surprising me. Raziel pondered for a moment before nodding.

“I think I know someone that can help,” the Angel responded. Seeing my expression, he continued, “I’ve been around for a long time, Skylar. I’ve made a lot of connections.”

“But even if we do get there, how are we supposed to take on an entire coven? I’m assuming Cain will have a lot of vampires there to protect him and help with the Ritual,” The thought of taking on a multitude of vampires was not pleasant.

Rebekah turned to face me, steely determination in her eyes. “That’s why you have a pack, Skylar. Are you telling me that nobody would be willing to help?”

I blinked, taken aback. “I’m sure they would but . . . wouldn’t that waste time? My pack is a days’ drive away.”

“Even so, we need the help. You’re right; it would be foolish to rush in there with just the three of us.”

“The Denver airport isn’t terribly far away from your pack, only a few hours if you’re running at top speed. We can fly out of there,” Raziel cut in before I could argue more. “I will drive us back to my house, and then you all can take the other car back to your pack while I get everything organized. I’ll meet you in Denver and we can leave from there.”

It made sense, but my insides were twisting with worry. “By the time we do all of that, a day and a half will have passed.”

“It’s less than a days’ flight to Israel, Skylar. We’re of no use to Gabriel if we run in empty-handed. I know you’re desperate to go after him, but think logically here. Think like a Luna.” Rebekah’s tone was infused with calm and I took a deep, shaky breath, trying to see past my Wolf’s agitation and my own feverish desperation.