Chapter Twenty- 18

For the time left of her juvenile existence, Naomi watched each second of the clock until the final bell rung. She had finally reached eighteen. Most kids would wish for tattoos and a night on the town, but she just wanted him. So much so, that she waited after class. Something she would regret.

"I told you, you are very lucky they didn't investigate the cameras."

"She came onto me. I didn't want to get her in trouble...she's a good kid...just misread some signs of my leadership."

"I can understand...but you should have been honest Logan..."

"I'm sorry. She's just some teen girl....there's millions of them."

He smirked before Logan entered the classroom, finding Naomi's back turned. Her hands were on the desk as she fought the tears on her cheeks. Wiping them away quickly, she turned and greeted him with a smile.

"Hi...." He said as he was not expecting her.

"So I know you know but today I turn eighteen and I'm having a party tonight...would you mind sneaking away? You are my favorite teacher after all."

"I don't think-"

"Please...Just to talk I swear..."

"Okay...Where are you staying?"

"At Leanne's. I called her the night you...the night I left and she has let me stay until the hearing gets settled in June."

"I"m happy for you-"

"You're speaking like there's nothing between us but-"

"A teacher student relationship..." She resisted speaking further as he continued. "I've um...I'll see you tonight."

"Okay. Ten?"

"Sounds good."

The festivities began right after school as Leanne and her family made Naomi a cake and got her a beautiful watch for her big one-eight. Leanne's parents were leaving to go to a convention for the weekend-mandatory for their occupations, so Leanne began setting up for the party. As she was on the phone, calling the pizza guy, Naomi tried to reach Logan, but found he didn't answer his phone. At one instance, he sent her straight to voicemail. As people began to arrive, she politely greeted them but eventually just hid in her room. As ten o'clock was growing closer, she found a knock to come at the door. Jumping up, she moved towards it to find it open.

"I wanted to bring you a gift..." He said as he handed her a bag with tissue paper coming out of it. "Something between us." He said with a smile as she tore the paper before finding a vintage Polaroid camera with two ink cartridges tied together. She moved to kiss his cheek, but he moved away, moving about the room, tracing his fingers on the wall before she set the camera at her side and moved towards him.

"Just talking..." He said with a smirk.

"A gratuitous kiss-nothing more."

"School ends in five months....more than one-hundred days..."

"It sounds longer when you put it that way..."

"And you have a true gift for photography..."

"But?"

He paced as he tried to find the right words before motioning towards her. He placed his hands on her cheeks and kissed her quickly.

"I have fought staying away from you for the last four months. The first time I saw you...the first time I touched you...Not anymore...." He moved her back to the bed before kissing her, slowly removing her clothes as she did the same to him.

"I thought you were going to tell me goodbye..."

"I can't..."

"Good." She pulled him back down to her as he slid them both under the sheets as he then moved his back against the headboard. Naomi straddled him as she gripped the headboard and he kissed her neck.

"one sec..." He said as he bit his bottom lip and reached near the bed and retrieved a condom from his jeans pocket. She blushed as he situated himself before nodding to her. She resumed straddling him as he rested his forehead against hers as the headboard hit the wall. Trying to keep under the radar at risk of being discovered, he threw her forward, landing on top of her, as his lips rested on her neck and chest. She gripped the sheets, followed by him doing the same as the movements grew more and more fast as they moved from position to setting to various styles of kissing before the moment expired. They both laid in bed out of breath and sweaty before she laid on his chest.

"Happy birthday." He teased as she kissed him.

"The best to date."