Chapter Seventeen- Broken Boundaries

A week bordered in normalcy passed. Logan and Naomi both understood one another's boundaries and the reasons for having them. But with seven days with little contact aside from discussing assignments and photography, they were both stirring with their emotions. Both crazy about one another but trying to be responsible, they found each second they were alone to be impossible to keep their eyes-if not their hands from each other. In one instance, he swung her around the living room as a song they mutually obsessed over came on the television and they danced around-ending in a rather compromising position on the couch. He had landed hovering over her with a heavy breath as her hands were on his shoulders. She pushed him off and scurried to the opposite side of the table, and sat down eating, not looking at him the remainder of the night. But aside from a few slips in boundary breaking, unintentional, they had stuck to their deal.

But this night was the most difficult for Logan. Coming home directly from school as the latest teacher board meeting had been cancelled due to an incoming thunderstorm, he returned earlier than she expected. When he entered the apartment, he saw her in the kitchen with a robe on and smirked as he saw her cooking something over the stove. When she turned, he saw her chest and hips were covered by a bra and underwear color matched set that outlined her body perfectly. He dropped his bag on the floor and stared for a moment, unsure exactly what to do. His hands pulsated as he wanted to run to her and throw her on the counter. While the other part of him wanted to go take a shower-a really really cold shower...

When he snapped from his daze, he moved swiftly into his room, as seen by her. She gasped to herself as she pulled the music from her ears and covered herself, tying the silk robe tightly in front of her. Feeling immensely guilty, she moved towards his room and hesitantly knocked on the door. He too hesitated before matching his position on the opposite side before opening the room.

"I'm so-"

"How was your day?"

"What?"

"How was school? The rest of it?"

"Umm...fine...can we talk about what you saw-"

"My meeting got cancelled because of the storm...I'm gonna go the library."

"That's crazy! It's on the opposite side of town...just stay here-"

"I can't!' He snapped.

"I'm sorry. I just...I can't stay here..."

"I can go-"

"No. I want you safe in here-"

"But not with you." She began shaking her head and walking off down the hall before he reluctantly chased after her.

"You know why-"

"No, okay I don't! You tell me one minute you can't leave me and the next you can't stay with me. You tell me you love me and want me safe but I can't touch you. Do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to be in love with someone and always be rejected? It hurts Logan!"

"I'm sorry. I'm just....Dammit....I'm trying to do what's right-"

"For once....do what you want. If that's to be with me then do it, if not, don't string me along."

"Your seventeen-"

"For a few more weeks! Then what will be your excuse?" As she went to leave the conversation, he pulled her back towards him, sending him to crash into her chest.

"I should have stayed in my room and not answered that door."

"What?"

"Because each time I am this close to you you intoxicate me with those eyes and that smell and those lips..." He stopped as he placed his fingers on her lips, gently moving down to her hips. "And you dress like you have no shame and you shouldn't...but I feel so filthy looking at you because of all the things I think about doing when you dress like this. It took everything I had not to take you in the kitchen. Everything now to not take you against this wall." Her breathing increased. "But I'm not "that" guy Naomi. The one who does things recklessly. But with you....I would give my life at your feet to have you say my name, to know that your moaning is caused from my touch...."

"You can't say things like that and expect me not to act on them."

"I'm telling you the truth-the thing I am apparently making confusing. I don't understand it myself...It kills me to be so close yet so Goddamn far from you!"

She moved her fingers to the string of her robe and gently bit her lip before releasing it. The silk slid down her shoulders and ended in the nape of her arm, making her seduction almost impossible for him.

"You don't have to be. I would never tell anybody Logan. We both love each other, we've both know it for a long time...why do this dance anymore?"

She placed her hand on the back of his head as his lips quivered-dying to fight her seduction, yet useless against his hormones. He wrapped his arm around her waist and instantly took her leg on his hip but set her down as she gripped the collar of his shirt, making him crash at the wall. He moved her forward and had her set up against the farther wall.

"Please don't tease me." She begged through lusty eyes as her lips brushed his before a knock on his door ceased the moment. He went to move but she pulled him back. "Ignore it. Just focus on me."

"I want that more than anything...but...right now...it's not a good idea...."

"Please....I need you."

"Baby..."

She groaned as he paused. Her lips kissed his neck as his hands rested behind her against the wall. "Please...I love you Logan..."

He pushed himself back against the opposite wall, lingering for a second, before moving towards the door.

Moving towards the door, he opened the door wide before shutting it to a small gap. "Mom and dad?"