Chapter 11

Kiara sat moping  near the tree by herself. She sighed and leaned herself against the tree.

"Why, why did this have to happen to me!!" She yelled into the air like someone was listening but no one was. Or at least that's what she thought. Her ears twitch at a quick silent sound and suddenly she was pinned to the ground by a huge black wolf. Aspen.

"Get off of me!!! I told you I wanted to be alone!" She growled getting used to it now. She looked up at him with his massive ears and large teeth bared. His eyes glowed but for some reason they were soft and playful looking.

Is he, playing? What in the world is going on?

He made a soft "woof" sound and bounced off of her allowing her to stand up straight.

"You seemed blue so I wanted to perk you up. I can't have an unhappy wolf. So since your new to being a wolf I thought it might be important you know how to play, you know.. Just in case anyone asks." He said and shifted his weight off of a sharp twig he was standing on.

Kiara tilted her head but shrugged and nodded. "I guess it would be ok... So go ahead teach away." She said sitting down watching him curiously.

He nodded. "There is a difference between play fighting and real fighting. In real fights you hear snarls and growls and real barks. In play fighting there is usually the friendly swipe of a paw or the occasional pounce. Growling and looking fierce is not for play fighting if you don't wanna get hurt. Watch." He said as he walked in front of her with big strides.

Kiara couldn't help but notice his muscular legs. Man this guy works out or something. She thought to herself. She refocused her attention on Aspen as he put his paws in front of his face and his tail in the air as he let out a playful woof again. Kiara shrugged and gave it a try copying him. He nodded approvingly.

"Great, your a natural." He said as he stood up and bounced around. "Catch me if you can slow poke!" He said and turned running swiftly through the trees.

Kiara smirked and then started off after him. Her legs felt like they were not even touching the ground and she felt like she was flying. She took in a deep breath and then focused on Aspen ahead of her and pushed forwards gaming ground behind him. Aspen looked back for a split second before looking forwards again so he didn't hit a tree and she noticed how he pushed himself to run faster and surprisingly no matter how hard she tried she couldn't catch him.

About 10 minutes after chasing each other around the woods Aspen slowed down and then stopped resting near a small bush and Kiara sat down to rest not to far away.

Aspen watched her for a moment then said "Man you actually faster than I thought you were, and with that good stamina too." He said taking a deep breath. Kiara nodded.

"Thanks" she said and looked at him "your way faster than I thought you were also." She sighed after cooling down. Aspen's eyes seemed to sparkle as he stood up and looked at her.

"I've got a new nick name for you. I'm gonna call you spark." He said and nodded proudly like he won an award for something. Kiara tilted her head.

"Spark? Why spark? Why not "awesome wolf" or "fluffy" or something." She said with a small chuckle.

"Because your full of surprises and your really fast and sparks are always surprising but fast. See so your gonna be Spark." He said as he stood and and motioned for her to follow. "It's getting dark we should head back." He said and she got up to follow. When they arrived back at the village her dad ran over and put his head over her shoulder.

"Kiara I was so worried! Please don't ever do that again." He said stepping back and glancing at Aspen. "I'm guessing you took good care of her." He said in a firm but approving voice. Aspen nodded.

"She was fine sir I just thought she needed cheered up a little that's all." He said and Kiara nodded.

"I was fine dad Aspen was there. Plus I'm home now and that's all that matter right?" She said hoping he would just drop the situation. Her dad nodded.

"Well I'm gonna head out, bye Kiara, bye Alpha." He said and turned running off. Kiara shrugged.

"Come on Kiara it's time to find you a place to sleep." He said and she followed him watching in the direction Aspen went as if he was going to come back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!! So this chapter was interesting I guess... What do you think does Kiara like Aspen? How do you think he feels towards her? Honestly I'm gonna tell you the truth idk if Aspen likes her as much as she wished. Well more chapters soon!!