Chapter 10

Kiara felt her heart skip of beat when she began to think about her mom. Kyzer sighed.

"The wolves believed that humans would live better lives if they were brought here. Just like Aspen brought you here. I'm sure you asked about him, I don't know what Edith told you. I do know that he is the Rescuer and he brought you here for one very important reason. The prophecy foretold us that, a "peace maker", would come to us. One of a good heart and smart mind. One that would have the fur of snow and the mark of the wolf. I don't know if you've noticed but, it's you Kiara. You have the mark of the wolf." He said pointing to a mark above her eyes. Kiara looked around and then Kyzer pointed his snout towards a mirror inside the door.

She walked over to see her reflection to and the mark. In the mirror she saw a lean looking wolf probably explaining her speed and swiftness. She was black with glowing white eyes and on her furry head was a white mark. More of a diamond looking shape.

She looked towards Kyzer then back at the mark but when she looked back, it was gone. She rubbed her head with her paw but it seemed to have just vanished.

"What happened?" She asked confused.
"Your mark only appear when you call upon it. When you are in need of extra strength of in danger." The alpha walked over to a cupboard of some sort and opened it pulling something out. He turned holding it carefully with his teeth and took it over to her.

"This necklace will help you learn to use your powers correctly without the mark overpowering you. If you were to take this necklace off and the mark was to gain control of you, you could end the world. With this mark you gain great honor, but also great power and you must be wise in which situation to use it." He said putting the necklace over her head. It had a silver string with a shiny charm at the end that looked the same as her mark had.

She looked towards Kyzer and nodded.
"Look, I am very honored and all... But I have to get home! My mom... She is probably worrying about me. I was the last thing she had!" Kiara said with pleading eyes.

Kyzer sighed and looked at her with a calm expression.
"I understand. I'll make you a deal. You stay here with us and help us. Then afterwards you can choose to stay or go home. Sound fair?" He said looking at her hoping she didn't make this difficult.

Kiara thought for a moment pondering the decision at hand then nodded slowly. "Fine I will stay but afterwards I want to go home." She said confidently.
The alpha wagged his tail and nudged her in a friendly way. "I'm glad your willing to help us, and Kiara.. I have something to tell you but it's going to be hard to believe.. Do you remember many years ago when your father died in a fire?" He asked.

Kiara tilted her head. "How do you know about that?" She asked suspiciously.

"Because Kiara, I didn't die." He said looking at her with eyes full of sorrow as if sorry for not coming back to her.
Kiara's eyes widened and she took a step back. "Me.. And mom... We thought.. We thought you died!!" She said her voice quivering.

Suddenly she turned running out of the room down the stairs and hallways out the door and towards the forest not looking back. She Faintly heard her father calling her name but she did not answer. She came to a stop near a tree when she felt far enough away and flopped down on the ground. She felt like crying but wolves couldn't technically cry so she just sat in silence when she heard paw steps behind her.

"Go away! Can't you see I'm upset?" She yelled and half howled which took her by surprise but she didn't show it.
"Hey calm down I just saw you run past and I wanted to make sure you were ok." Said a calm cool voice that sounded about her age and definitely male. Kiara stood up and turned too see the same wolf she had first saw in the worn down shed. Her eyes widened.

"My name is Aspen, I'm sure you've heard of me. May I ask who you are?" He said his eyes looking calm yet still bright green. Kiara gulped hoping he didn't plan on eating her or something.
"I-I'm Kiara. Yes, I have heard of you... I know your the so called "rescuer" but if you don't mind I just found out my so called "dead" father is alive and I would like to be alone." She said looking away from him. She heard a quiet sigh and then quick paw steps that were almost silent and when she looked back, he was gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~