Chapter 7

There was a shuffling sound, and then a small sigh. Kiara didn't dare to open her eyes hoping it was just a bad dream. Unfortunately though, she didn't need to open her eyes.

She felt the same long fluffy tail trailing behind her as she lay on the ground wondering what happened. She finally worked up the courage to open her eyes slightly and what she saw almost caused her to close her eyes again.

She was in what seemed to be a small hut made from branches and leaves of all sorts decorated with pine cones over the doors and that was about it. She noticed she was laying on a flat stone of some sort figuring it was supposed to be furniture.

She heard the shuffling noise again and then looked around to see a smaller grey wolf who appeared to be older than the black one she had saw earlier and she began to wonder where he went. After careful consideration she lifted her head figuring if she needed to she could outrun this elderly wolf.

Then it turned around showing its face to Kiara and just by looking at its face she got that it was female, and definitely older. It had silver specks of fur all around its body showing how old it was and they don't carry wolf hair dye.

The little wolf wagged her tail as if to be happy she is awake and said
"Your awake. I'm glad to see your ok, have to be carful and pay attention where your going don't you?"
Kiara watched the wolf wide eyed like she had just seen a nightmare come true.

She thought to herself abut for a minute,
did that wolf just.. Talk to me? I can under stand them? What in the world is going on!!

The wolf nodded as if she had just taken something into consideration and then said "You should rest darling, the alpha wants to see you when you recover. You have a lot to learn my dear."

Kiara rested her head back on the stone as told but she did not fall asleep for a while as she thought about the things she said.

Where am I? Who is this person.. I mean wolf? Who is the alpha? Why am I here?

Eventually she fell asleep her mind flooded with questions and she wished to wake up hoping it was all a dream.

****