Chapter 17

P.O.V
Kiara
"Here we are," announced Jason as he stopped in front of a vast meadow that seemed to go on for forever. There were beautiful yellow and blue followers nearby and bound to be more somewhere. Kiara's eyes sparkled as she scanned the horizon, the sun low in the sky in the afternoon.

"Ok, now we are going to split up and then meet back here," he said drawing and "X" with his paws in the dirt," and then take the food back to the village." He looked around the group

approvingly then said," Splinter, you and Marco will be a pair. Sasha as our lead Hunter your on your own, and Kiara will be with me so I can teach her the basics." She heard him say then nodded and the other nodded back.

Sasha smirked at Kiara before turning and trotting off into the tall grass. Jason motioned for Kiara to follow as he walked towards the tall grass. She followed behind doing her best to keep up.

"The key to hunting, is to be silent and sneaky. Always be down-wind from your prey or it will smell you and get away before you even get close to it." He said and Kiara listened intently. He stopped so suddenly like a statue that Kiara almost ran into him but stopped quickly.

He had his snout lifted in the air and then flickered his ears towards Kiara and then motioned them towards a nearby shifting of grass. Kiara looked towards the grass intently and then saw the movement of a tan colored, long legged, animal moving just visible behind the tall grass.

Jason looked at Kiara and whispered so softly she could just barely hear him. "Ok, I'm going to go from behind, and then you'll be waiting a couple feet ahead down-wind from the deer ready to pounce and sink those pearly whites into its neck. Ok?" He said and looked towards the deer. Kiara nodded.

Jason turned and went in a wide circle around the back of the deer and waited until Kiara was ready. Kiara trotted around the front and crouched down her tail just hovering over the ground and her ears perked as she watched and nodded to Jason.

Her eyes locked onto the deer as her ears twitch to the sound of a deep snarl and the sound of paws running, then suddenly, the deer was almost on top of her. She reached her paws up to try and catch it with her claws, but only caught air. By the time she looked up Jason had bolted past her and was on the pursuit of chasing the deer.

Kiara stood and bolted through the grass after him. As she was catching up they were gaining on the deer. Jason snapped at it a few times before it jumped just out of reach.

Kiara looked ahead and saw a cliff coming and she suddenly felt a terrible feeling. They were going to fast to not fall over the cliff. She looked at Jason and saw he didn't notice. She calmed down and kept running figuring he thought it was ok and maybe it wasn't a cliff.

They continued to get closer and closer and suddenly, the deer made a sharp turn and the two wolves began skidding across the dirt with nothing to grip onto. Kiara was almost over the side of the cliff when her claw caught onto a rock and she slid over the side just barely hanging on.

Jason fell and then jerked forwards as he grabbed her leg with his teeth. Kiara forced her mouth shut trying not to Yelp in pain from the feeling of his teeth sinking into her leg.

Kiara looked around hopelessly and began to freak out, and thought she heard Jason try to say something but he couldn't talk. Kiara began to struggle to hold in her front paws beginning to get tired.

Kiara suddenly saw a familiar white light flood overhear eyes and she could see anything. She didn't know what happened after that.

P.O.V
Jason
Jason eyes filled with fear as he struggled to grab onto something with his claws. He looked over at Kiara as right before she fell she got caught on a rock and was hanging over the side. As Jason fell the only thing he could do was obvious. He pushed off from the rock and reached out grabbing onto Kiara leg hoping he didn't hurt her to much.

He tried to say something but it came out like nothing. Suddenly she began to fling around and freaking out. Jason didn't know what to do. He tried to stay calm. Suddenly Kiara's sleek soft black coat began to flow bright white. Jason almost let go because of the shock. Suddenly Kiara seemed to gather the strength to pull them both up back over the cliff. He pulled himself away from the cliff then flipped over breathing heavily.

As he looked over at Kiara he was in shock. She had a glowing white mark and her glowing white eyes even brighter than usual to go with the strange white glow coming from her. She was standing breathing heavily as well and didn't speak one word before she fell over her eyes closing as she fell to the dirt covered ground. Jason tried to call out to her but he was so tired nothing came out. His head dropped to the ground and he tries to keep his eyes open, but tiredness sweeps over him and he blacks out, just after hearing someone calling,"Kiara! Jason! Someone get help!" In a hushed and dream like voice.

~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I'm never updating lol I'm just busy. But spring break yay! I'll be updating more now hopefully.