Chapter 49

Matt's POV

I opened my eye's, looking at the ceiling and stretching. It was early but I didn't care, I felt fucking fantastic. I knew I would wake up early today anyway, well because Lana and I had basically been in bed since three o'clock yesterday afternoon. We weren't sleeping the whole time, actually we weren't sleeping most of the time, but we'd spent all yesterday afternoon in bed and I was feeling very fucking relaxed and happy.

After I finished stretching I rolled onto my side and looked at Lana. She was still sound asleep and I smiled, reaching over and brushing a strand of hair off of her face. Fuck she was beautiful, she really was and once again I got pissed at myself for taking so long to notice. I wish I had realised sooner because Lana made me happy, truly happy, I could be myself around Lana and it didn't bother her, she already knew me so well, so nothing was a surprise, well okay, me finding out she was a little vixen in bed was a surprise, but that was a fucking nice surprise.

I moved over closer to her, slipping my arm around her waist gently. I didn't want to wake her, I just wanted to be close to her. I closed my eye's, just laying there for awhile, enjoying laying with Lana but my stomach got the better of me and I decided to get up and have some breakfast.

I leant over my beautiful girl and went to kiss her cheek. There was a bruise and I got pissed off all over again, fucking Courtney. I was still pissed that she'd done that, hit Lana, just thinking about it made me so fucking angry at her.

"Oh my god." I whispered softly, laying back on the bed and closing my eye's.

I'd realised something and I couldn't help but laugh. I was laughing at myself, because as I looked at Lana, and when I saw the bruise, I realised that I was fucking taken by her, enthralled by her, so completely in love with her, she could ask me to do anything and I mean anything and I'd do it for her, I knew I would.

I smiled, it wasn't a bad thing, Lana was perfect for me, she was my perfect girl, we'd connected that moment in the park when we were seven and that's what made this so special, we'd been best friends before we were lovers.

"Are you okay?" Lana suddenly whispered, turning over to look at me.

I smiled at her. "Yep, I'm fine." And I leant over, kissing her softly. "Go back to sleep."

"Okay." She whispered closing her eye's and I kissed her once more before getting up out of bed.

I grabbed my shorts and pulled them on, heading into the kitchen. I put on some coffee then had a quick shower. By the time I came out the coffee was finished and I grabbed a bowl of cereal, sitting at the bench and looking at my phone.

What a surprise, 800 missed calls from Courtney. I deleted all of her messages, I didn't want to listen them, I was done with her. I smiled to myself again, I was glad I was done with her.

I came across a voicemail from Mom, asking if I was still alive and I decided that seeing as though Lana was sleeping in I would run over, give them a quick visit, I mean I probably should seeing as though I hadn't seen them since the church on Saturday.

I rinsed my bowl and crept quietly into the bedroom.

"Lana." I murmured, kissing her cheek softly. "Babe."

"Hmmm." She mumbled opening one eye.

"I'm just going to run over to mom and dad's, say hi." I whispered.

"Okay." She murmured and I leant over, kissing her softly. "Don't you want any of this?" She asked, pulling the sheet back.

I groaned, fuck she looked delicious. "You know I want that." I murmured. "And that had better be waiting for me when I get back."

She smiled and closed her eye's again. "Of course."

I kissed her again then stood up, looking down at her. Yep, I had it bad, I really did.

I walked out and grabbed my keys, heading down to my car and driving over to my parents house. I knew they were early risers so I knew they'd be up and about at this time of morning.

I arrived and rang the bell waiting, smiling when mom opened the door.

"Oh my." She said looking at me. "You remind me of my son, but I haven't seen him in so long."

"Yeah right mom." I said walking in and dropping a kiss on her cheek.

"Oh honey." She said hugging me. "How are you, how are you really?"

"I'm okay mom." I told her. "I promise."

"Well come out the back, see your father, talk." She said and I followed her out the back to where my father was reading the morning paper in the sun.

Dad got up and hugged me and I sat down while mom ran back inside to get me a coffee.

"So." She said sitting down, handing me my coffee. "What happened Matthew? I mean I understand that you had some nerves, I mean that's normal, but honey, to leave poor Courtney like that."

"Mom." I said taking a deep breath. "I told you why I did it, it just didn't feel right."

"Well why did you ask her to marry you in the first place?" My dad asked, looking at me.

"Look I'm sorry okay." I told them. "I probably could have handled it better, but I got in too deep, I wasn't sure how to tell Courtney I didn't want to marry her and yeah, I guess I panicked at the last minute."

"Poor Courtney." Mom said. "She's been over here everyday, crying her eye's out."

Well gee, why was I not surprised.

"You need to go and talk to her Matt." Mom went on. "Work things out with her."

"Mom, I'm not working things out with her."

My dad frowned and my Mom looked at him, pursing her lips. "Yes well Courtney was over here last night, talking about how you were already with another girl."

"Mom, really." Yet again I wasn't surprised.

"Well I told her of course it's not true." Mom said.

I looked down at my coffee, taking a deep breath. "Well it is true." I said softly.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes, I could feel my parents judging me, but would they prefer I be unhappy?

"Look." I said to them, finishing my coffee. "Yes I've met someone else and you know what, I really think you'd like her. She makes me smile Mom, I haven't smiled for a long time." I stood up. "So do me a favour, give her a chance. I'll bring her over for dinner tonight and well." I said smiling. "You just might be surprised."

Mom sighed, standing up. "Okay Matthew, we will do that for you." And she hugged me. "We just want to see you happy."

I hugged her back. "Mom I am."

"Okay." She said walking me to the door. "So around six?"

"Yep." I said kissing her cheek. "I'll see you then and trust me mom, you'll love her."

I smiled as I got in the car, wondering what they'd think when they realised my new girlfriend was Lana. My parents adored Lana and I really hoped they'd be happy for us.

I drove home, well to Lana's and let myself in. Judging by the silence Lana was still in bed so I headed into the bedroom.

"Hey sleepy head." I called out as I walked in and she opened her eye's looking at me. "I'm back." I smiled, pulling my shirt over my head.

She raised her eyebrows and pulled back the sheet. "And I'm ready." She said softly.

I looked at her laying on the bed naked, waiting and yep, I was ready too.