Chapter 25

Lana's POV

"You ready Lana?" Nick called from the living room and I looked in the mirror. I don't know, was I ready? Did I look good enough. I groaned, it didn't matter how I looked, it really didn't, but I was beginning to make myself feel sick, sick with worry.

We were heading over to Brian and Marty's for dinner, some big dinner they were having and everyone was going. Matt was going. We hadn't seen each other since the airport and I was nervous about seeing him. I don't know why I was nervous, we'd spoken on the phone, nothing was different between us, I guess I was just afraid he might see how I really feel if he looks at me. God I hoped he couldn't see how I really felt.

"Lana." Nick called again and I grabbed my purse off my bed, heading out to the living room.

"I'm ready." I told him. "Let's go."

"Lana." Nick said, looking at me. "You look fucking beautiful."

I smiled at him, he really was sweet. He pulled me into his arm's and kissed me softly and I closed my eye's, enjoying it. I did enjoy it, I really did, it's just I couldn't stop thinking about Matt's kiss and how it felt a thousand times nicer than this kiss.

"Come on." I said softly. "Or we'll be late."

"I don't mind being late." He murmured kissing me again.

Nick wanted to drive and that was fine by me, it meant I could have a few wines, a few to calm my nerves and right now I really needed those fucking wines.

Nick pulled up at their house and as we walked to the door, he grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently. I guess he was kind of nervous, meeting my friends and I didn't blame him because I guess there would come a time soon when I would have to meet his friends and that would be nerve wracking for me. Yes I was thinking of my future with Nick because it was pointless of thinking of my future with Matt, we just didn't have one.

I knocked and Marty opened the door, smiling. "Come in." She said stepping back. "And it's nice to see you again Nick."

"You too." He said smiling at her.

"Anyway, come on." Marty said. "Follow me, it's such a nice night we decided to set the table out the back."

"Good idea." I said to her as we walked out.

"Everyone." Marty called. "Lana and Nick are finally here." And everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at us.

"Oh come on." I said to them. "We aren't that late." And fuck, we were only twenty minutes late.

"Always keeping us waiting Lana." Matt said, smiling at me.

I looked at him and shook my head and fuck me, he looked gorgeous, the asshole.

"Anyway." Marty said, smiling. "Everyone, this is Lana's boyfriend Nick." And as she said boyfriend Nick squeezed my hand. "Please introduce yourselves because I'm not doing it for you. Now" She said, turning to look at me and Nick. "Can I get you two a drink?"

"Wine." I told her. "A beer for Nick." And she smiled, walking off to get us one.

"So I'm Brian." Brian said, walking over and sticking his hand out.

Nick took it, shaking it. "Nice to meet you."

"Hey." Matt said, joining us with Courtney in tow. "It's good to see you again." He said to Nick. "This is Courtney."

"His fiancé." She added, smirking at me.

I don't know what the fuck she was smirking at but I was glad when Marty finally appeared with my wine, I took it off her and took a big drink.

Everyone was being nice to Nick and I was glad they were. Actually he was currently sitting at the table talking to Brian and Johnny and I wondered what about.

"So he's your boyfriend now." Matt suddenly said, appearing next to me.

I jumped a little because he startled me. "Yeah, I guess." I wasn't sure what else to say.

"That's nice Lana." He said, looking at me and taking a mouthful beer, then he turned and walked away.

God he was just so frustrating.

We all sat around the table and Marty had organised it so it was boy girl, boy girl and no surprise when I found myself sitting next to Matt.

He smiled at me, sitting down. "How are you going Lana?" He asked.

I smiled politely and nodded. "Good, how are you going?" I asked. "How's the wedding plans going?"

He frowned slightly and nodded before Courtney leant over interrupting.

"They're going great, not long now." She said grinning. "Right baby?"

"Oh yeah." Matt said agreeing with her. "Not long at all."

I smiled, I mean what else could I say.

"So Nick." Matt said, leaning over so he could address him. "Lana said she met you in a restaurant."

"Yeah actually, I saw her and asked for her number." Nick explained.

"Hmm." Matt said, glancing at me. "So you were her waiter right?"

"Yep, I waited on her and she made an impression." He squeezed my leg under the table while I glared at Matt, unsure of what his point was.

"A waiter huh." Matt said, scratching his nose. "I mean it's a job, but it's not really a career is it."

I was shocked. I couldn't believe he was being so rude. Nick's job was none of his business.

Nick looked at him and raised his eyebrow's, chuckling. "Oh I'm sorry man." He said to Matt. "You must have misunderstood me, yes I was waiting that day, one of my staff called in sick. I actually own the restaurant."

I looked at Matt, waiting for his reply, he frowned and looked down at his hands, then glancing at me. "Oh that's pretty cool, owning a restaurant."

"Yeah it is." Nick mumbled.

Thank god the food came out because it was becoming apparent that Matt and Nick didn't like each other much and that was just going to make things awkward.

Well not really, I thought to myself, I mean I can't stand Courtney but I still tolerate her. Matt would just have to learn to tolerate Nick.

"Anyway." Brian suddenly said, interrupting everyone's conversations. "We asked you all here for a reason and that reason is Marty and me, we're getting married. "

I looked at Brian, then I looked at Marty. They were getting married!

Everyone started congratulating them and I just sat there stunned. It seemed everyone was getting to marry the person they loved, except me, I wasn't getting to marry the person I loved, he was to busy marrying someone else.

"And you Lana." Marty announced. "You will be my bridesmaid." Glancing at Courtney and making a big deal out of it.

I looked at her and burst into tears. Life was just so unfair.

"Lana." Matt said softly, looking at me. "Lana, what's wrong?" And he slipped his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm just so happy." I lied, because I wasn't happy, I was miserable, so damn miserable. "All of my friends, marrying the people they love, it's just really nice."

He looked at me and opened his mouth, like he was going to say something but then he closed it again, frowning. "Yeah." He whispered.

Yeah, yeah, that was all he said. My life was actually falling apart and no matter how hard I tried to make it stick together it wasn't working, it would never work while he was around. Yeah. All he could say was yeah.