Chapter 1 - I got Rejected by an Alpha

Alisonette Grey

I pushed the brim of my glasses up as i stared at my mate, my eyes staring into his beautiful eyes. I knew that he was completely out of my league, completely, I was at the bottom of the popularity chain, and he was the King of the school, he would have never taken a second look at me if i hadnt accidentally bumped into him after my English class, as soon as his eyes connected with mine for the millisecond, I knew. We knew.

My mate. The most popular player in RoseHill High, the star player of the team, the King of the school, always seen with a girl on his arm, no matter what. I never took notice of him, i loathed people like him, thinking that they were above us all just beacuase they were somehow connected to being an Alpha. Well, Zachary was a soon-to-be-Alpha.

"Look nerd i -" He started, and i scowled, cutting him off.

"Its Alisonette." I snapped back, my eyes probably narrowed into slits. I couldn't believe he had the nerve to insult me, his own mate. I thought that when you found your mate, they were meant to be the most important things in their life. Clearly Zachary didn't think so.

He rolled his piercing grey eyes at me. Oh, how his eyes were so hypnotisingly gorgeous.

"Whatever...nerd, i'm just saying that since my reputation is a 1000 kilometres higher than yours...it's not going to work." He announced casually, and my eyes flashed in shock and hurt. It dawned on me, a minute later what he was saying. He was rejecting me.

"Y-you're rejecting me.." I whispered. He rolled his eyes. Again. As if nothing of this was affecting him an any way like it was affecting me. I felt like I was dying, my heart was shattering into a million pieces. He wasn't even giving us a chance.

"Are you kidding me? Of course am you, freak! Why would i want an ugly as hell mate who has nothing to give me." He scowled in a 'duh' tone. I flinched at his words, it felt like a slap in the face, with a truck. I can't believe that my dream of finding my mate wasn't coming true. He was meant to be my knight in shining armour, to whisk me off my feet and we could run away together and leave this ridiculous life.

We stayed silent, hearing the rustle of the autumn forest leaves dancing in the wind, my eyes never leaving his, as my jaw tensed and my fingers curled into a fist, tears starting to pool in my eyes.

"Fine. I Alisonette Grey, accept your rejection Zachary Lennox. Asshole." I snapped, forcing the tears to stay back. I sprinted off, running as fast as my legs could take me, my lips quivering and my sobs finally escaping from my mouth as my heart broke even more.

"ALISONETTE!" He yelled, running behind me. I ignored him, running even faster, my sobs getting louder and my stomach felt heavy as i felt like fainting or collapsing.

I dropped my bag but didn't care, I was NOT slowing down for a stupid bag and Zachary. I felt the air rushing past me, as the rain slowly starting to pour down. I made my way to my house and slammed the door shut, my clothes and hair drenched from the rain and I probably looked like a wreck.

He's our mate Aly... my wolf whimpered feeling the dangerous and pityful pull between Zachary's and my connection. Once you reject your mate, your mate and yourself will feel a pull that can drain you and wolf you forever until you become marked or someone marks you.

My brother Drake came out of his room glaring at me, disgusted as he took in my appearance.

"Ew, get out of my sight you stupid whore" He snickered. I ignored him for the first time in 16 years, and made my way into my room, not shedding a tear, as I shoved past him. He gasped at what i did in shock and his eyes widened. My parents then saw me scrunched up their noses.

"God Alisonette, at least look presentable in front of your family! You're an embarrassment! I knew you were a mistake! I should have thrown you in the foster home for good." My mother hissed, I ignored her too, my heart couldn't take any more pain or be shattered any worse. Again she was also shocked.

I swear i saw a tint of proudness glimmer in my their eyes. But then again, I think i'm going crazy and it was probably just my imagination. Never has anyone in my family ever showed even a tint of proudness to me in their lives. I was just the 'other child'. Drake was their only son in their eyes.

I pulled my dark blonde hair in a pony tail and stuffed all my clothes and possessions in my bag. I slammed the door shut and locked it. I ripped all the family images of me and my brother or my parents when we were younger. We were a good family before i turned 2 years something happened when they joined Zachary's pack.

I pushed up my glasses, my eyes blank and dry. No one deserved any of my tears here. I switched on my computer as soon as i was done packing, counting the saved up money i had from my secret part time job at the library, I had $9,500 in cash saved up and a bit more in my credit card. I was ready, finally ready to run away, Zachary was my last motivation to go.

I ordered a ticket to go to Monte Carlo.

-

"Thank you for flying with US airlines, i hope you enjoyed the flight. It is now 9:15am in Monte Carlo." The annoying voice of the pilot chirped. I snapped my eyes opened, i smiled, thinking of how my family would react, my so called family should be happy that i'm gone. It's what they wanted, right? I was finally free of them.

They don't know where I am or how I got out. (I jumped out of the window) I no longer had a care about them any more. I didn't care about my mate any more. I didn't care about love anymore.

I was going to change. Everything about me.

I took my luggages and stepped out of the airplane. Also stepping into my whole new world and i smiled, i let the cool morning breeze brush my blonde hair back.

I strutted down the stairs and made my way to the new life. So thank you Zachary Lennox for allowing me to stop all my feelings for love.

-

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN