Chapter 16 - I got Rejected by an Alpha

[Model Change: Picture of Ali to the side.]

Zachary Lennox

The sight of Alisonette's current state pained me in contrast to my state. She looked normal. Except for her eyes, they've changed. They weren't their bright blue anymore, but a dull, luminous blue. But everything else was the same. Then there was me. Broken, in pain, bruises covering my body, cuts on my arm that were healing at a very slow pace and my eyes felt bloodshot. My body felt completely drained from the silvain, i haven't shifted in days. 

I looked up at her weakly, i felt helpless. She touched my neck, and i winced from the sparks and bit my lip, she quickly pulled away and cleared her throat. "Sorry." she muttered, holding up the anti-silvain tissue. "You still had some on you." She explained quickly. I nodded and saw Jethaniel and Kate in a locked brace, i looked away. Why couldn't that be Ali and I? Oh that's right, because her new pack put us here. 

"What...do you want to talk about." I croaked, i cleared my throat, which made my throat hurt even more. She looked down and played with her fingers, i noticed that she often did that when she was extremely nervous or scared. 

She sighed and drummed her fingers against the ground. "Alpha Silver told me that you pretended to be my mate and then rejected me to be with someone else." She started, i opened my mouth, about to object angrily, when she silenced me with her 'don't-you-dare-interrupt-me' look. "He found me in the forest unconscious, he told me that you abused me, that's why he took me in to his pack and introduced me to Demetri, my 'true' mate. But then this morning, i well, found out that it was the other way around." She muttered. "Silver put some kind of spell or pill on me to make me think Demetri was my mate. He probably hired a really powerful witch to do so. Normally i would feel sparks when i touched him, but this morning i felt nothing when i was in bed with him." She scowled.

I glared at her, glowering in anger, picturing her body next to 'Demetri' in bed, their arms wrapped around each-other. Not a good image. Definietly not. I didnt say anything. She looked at me and pursed her lips. Suddenly, as per usual Kate's voice interrupted us. Damn, i forgot that Kate and Jet were in the same cell as us. 

"Ali, Zach is your real mate, and he didn't abuse you, can you picture this guy hitting anyone? Look you might not believe 'sparks' anymore to find your real mate, but what does your heart tell you, huh? What does your wolf tell you?" She asked. 

Surprisingly, i was glad Kate asked that. I chuckled. Alisonette's eyes snapped to Kate to me, i instantly fell into her eyes, i blinked and sighed as the silence hung over us. I pressed my hands to the ground and tried to stand up, i leaned against the wall to steady myself. "You know what, forget it." I muttered, holding onto Kate's shoulder to stand up straight. Alisonette's eyes widened in fear as we walked out of the cell.

"Wait! What the hell are you guys doing?!" She shrieked, grabbing onto Kate's coat. Kate huffed at her. "Alisonette! That is Gucci! Hands off." She scowled, Ali raised her eyebrow in confusion but let go. "You can't leave! You're all injured and cant shift! You wont even make it a kilometre with just Kate to hold you all." She gasped. Kate's lips pulled into a sly smirk. I looked at her, she was definitely planning something. 

"Then why don't you join us? Come back to the pack." Kate asked grinning, twisting her blonde braids around her finger. Jet chuckled and kissed Kate's cheek and muttered something to her. Alisonette's eyes widened in doubt. I could tell she was thinking extremely hard about this. She shouldn't have to. She belongs back to the pack. Her family is worried sick about her, even her brother. They never truly hated her in the start, they were just pushing her limits, and obviously they pushed too hard and failed. Even i did. 

"I can't." She finally said, gripping her shirt and biting her lip. "I don't know anyone there, i forgot everyone." She says softly. I scoffed, that was a stupid excuse. Her eyes darted to me, raising her eyebrows. "What? I dont." She scowls, her eyes widen when a her name is being called by Silver. Kate quickly darts her eyes between us. "Ali, you have to choose now! Come back home or stay here and be mind-washed for your entire life. You even said they lied to you! You have no excuses, come on, come back!" She said quickly, already holding Jet on her back. 

Kate had really changed after thinking she lost Jet, i think something snapped inside of her. She finally fell in love, really fell. I wouldn't blame her though, i fought to find Ali, i almost died trying to. And i have the scars to prove it. She bites her lip and her legs shake, thinking then finally she yells, "RUN!" and she runs with us around the whole dungeon, gripping my body and throwing me onto her back as Kate did with Jet.

I grinned happily, forgetting everything bad that happened. It was just her and me. Ali and Zach, us against the world. I realized that we could do this. We could fight through everything. I watched her concentrated and strained face as she ran, i hoped she realized that i would die for her. I would do anything for her. 

"Where's your pack located?" Ali asked quickly unlocking a hidden brick door, and i groaned in relief when i saw layers and layers of grass and the blue sky. Kate pointed to the direction of the forest. Jet and i stared at her. "YOU RAN HERE?" Jet  yelled, even though he was in pain, he was obviously pissed off that his mate risked her life. Kate scowled. "Like you wouldnt do the same! And i was in wolf form obviously douche bag." She snapped back.

And the normal Kate and Jet was back. Ali stayed silent and then looked back, seeing a group of men coming out. "We should shift now, Kate!" She says and the shifts to her beautiful wolf, i gripped onto her fur as she runs, the air whisping across her soft fur and my face. The last thing i saw in my head was a memory of the last time i saw her happy before i blacked out into a bliss full dream.

Sorry it's so short! I'm currently writing the next chapter though! I promise it will be much longer! xx