The Point of No Return {sequel to The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [teacher]}17

Chapter 17
An unnerving silence- I missed her.

Third Person’s POV

…A couple of hours earlier…

Meghann looked from Kimberly to Kiren, Kiren to Ashton, and Ashton back to Kimberly, but they all bore the same expression.

But Meghann recovered first. She took a couple of steps forward, enough to be in her face.

What did you do?’ Meghann hissed but Kimberly didn’t seem to hear her; it was as though she was completely oblivious to everyone and everything but her horrifying thoughts.

‘She knows…she finally knows.’ Kimberly murmured.

‘Knows what?’ Meghann asked anxiously.

Kimberly’s eyes then fell upon Meghann, acknowledging her for the first time ‘Avery knows I’m her sister.’ She whispered wide eyed.

Meghann staggered back as Kiren gasped in horror and shock.

‘Kiren, take your friend and go find Mr Ford and tell him Avery’s run away. Tell him as much as you can if he asks. Just pleas go…quickly.’ Kimberly pleaded.

‘O-OK.’ Kiren said, finally getting his breath back. Then the two guys were off in a sprint.

Kimberly then turned towards Meghann.

‘Meghann,’ she spoke before Meghann turned to her in disgust.

‘How could someone…I mean, why did you…’ Meghann trailed, still keeping eye contact with Kimberly.

‘I had my reasons. Now please, we need to find Avery. Can you please go find Mr Parker and get him to help?’

‘No, who do you think I am; your servant? She may or may not be your “sister” but I’ve known her longer, I know her better. What I say goes. Capishe?’ Meghann stubbornly said.

Kimberly hesitated for a moment before realizing the precious time they were wasting, ‘Okay…okay, but please, quickly. We’re losing valuable time.’

‘Avery can take care of herself. That girl has been through everything, but all those things have only made her stronger. What we need to do is wait for Kiren, Ashton and Mr Ford to get back here and then we will go from there.’ Meghann said maturely.

‘Thank you.’

‘Don’t thank me until it’s over. I haven’t done anything…yet.’

Two minutes later and Kiren and Ashton found Mr Ford, waiting in the line for the Bumper-cars with Mr Parker.

‘Sir, Avery,’ Kiren tried to say as Mr Ford instantly turned towards them at the sound of her name. The two teenagers expressions must have been terrifying as Mr Ford was wide-eyed, already expecting the worst.

‘What happened?’ Mr Parker injected.

‘She ran away.’ Ashton interjected, knowing Kiren couldn’t go on.

‘Why?’ Mr Ford asked in panic as he led them away from the crowd.

‘She found out about Ms Fletcher.’ Kiren spoke, still trying to catch his breath.

‘What about Kimberly? What has she done?’

‘It doesn’t matter now, we’ll explain later. We need to get back to Meghann and Ms Fletcher. Come on!’ Ashton said, taking the lead as he sprinted in the direction that they had come from.

He, Ashton, heard three distinct running footsteps behind him and knew Mr Ford, Mr Parker and Kiren were on his trail.

They found the two girls without difficulty as they stopped in front of them.