The Point of No Return {sequel to The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [teacher]}2

Chapter 2

Confrontation: ‘Whatever happens… we’re in it together.’

‘If I ever hurt you again then just tell me to leave and I will; you will never have to see me again… I promise.’ Cole said as I was sitting on his bed in the Cabin located behind the teachers dorm.

I looked up to him and our eyes met. He had a pained expression as he walked over to me.

He looked like a god with his brown hair that curled at his ear, with his soft brown eyes and his buffness.

He was wearing http://www.polyvore.com/coles_outfit/set?id=30423752

I remembered it was my cue to speak. But I couldn’t bare trust my voice, I just gave a slight nod as I looked down.

I felt the bed sink at is weight as he sat beside me and stroked my cheek. ‘Avery, please say something… anything.’

I looked to the side as his hand dropped and grasped me hand. I took a deep breath before I spoke ‘OK.’ is all I said as I looked back over to him.

‘Will you tell me about the trial now?’ I asked softly.

He hesitated before I heard him sigh. He put a hand through his hair as his face went deep into thought. ‘Well, Thursday came and you were still in a coma. I didn’t want to leave you but Clary talked me into going as she said if I didn’t go then there was no chance of the trial happening meaning I had no chance in winning… I left you with great difficulty and went and got ready. I met my lawyer there and he discussed some things with me. I realized there were a lot of people I knew at the trial once I got in. I hated being put on display like that; having all those people judging me but I sucked it up and went with it all.

‘Surprisingly enough, there was only one trial and at the end of the day, I guess the juries were on my side. I suppose my testimony was good and they saw the situation I was in was a difficult one… of course I didn’t get walk away from it that easily. They put me on a good behaviour bond and I have community service but they said it wasn’t on my record because if it was then I wouldn’t be here right now.’ He concluded as he stood up and scratched the back of his neck nervously.

‘Th-that’s great Cole…’

He looked over at me and gave me a weak smile. ‘Avery… can I ask you something? Something completely irrelevant?’ he asked, out of nowhere.

He began to pace as I spoke ‘Course.’

‘Do you remember that day when you came into my classroom with the big mark on your cheek?’

I knew where this was going and I dreaded it greatly. I nodded as I couldn’t bare trust my voice.

‘She didn’t really hit you in the face with a door did she?’ he asked hesitantly.

I inhaled deeply before I replied ‘N-no… sh-she slapped me.’

‘Oh god… I’m sorry I didn’t see this before.’ He said as he went over to me and pulled me in an embrace. I inhaled his sweet scent as my arms tightened around his torso.

He then abruptly pulled out as he turned to face me. He put a hand to my cheek as I leaned into it ‘Avery… I have to tell you something.’ He said sadly.

I stepped back as soon as the words were out of his mouth knowing that tone was not going to be leading to “I love you” no… it sounded as though he were to say “I’m dying…”

Cole Ford’s POV

I watched as she stepped back, away from me and dropped her head. My heart froze at that rejection. ‘I’m trying to be honest to you because I love you… but before we started dating, assuming we are dating. But she came into my classroom and she began to flirt and I didn’t want to seem cruel or mean so I just kept my polite façade and she… she kissed me but I pushed her off straight away, I promise you Avery… and then she left.’