The Point of No Return {sequel to The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [teacher]}10

Chapter 10

Hostility at its worst-If only it were that simple

‘I’m Pregnant.’

It was as though time had stopped. Cole’s mouth opened and shut a few times but nothing came out as he stood there motionless in front of me.

My heart was beating viciously against my chest and my hands were desperately shaking. ‘Um, I h-have t-to go-o.’ I nervously stuttered as I dashed past him to the door. He didn’t try to stop me as he continued to stand there with an unreadable expression.

I shut the door and leaned my back against it as I tried to take some deep breaths.

The truth was when I found out I was pregnant, my gut dropped, I went into shock… just to name a few. I had been feeling a bit uneasy lately and then when I realized I was late, everything added up in my mind. I only took two pregnancy tests but that was enough for me.

But the problem was, I didn’t know whose baby it was… It could be Cole’s or worse yet, Corbin’s.

Just the thought of carrying that psychopath’s baby put me on the bridge of insanity. I don’t know what I would do if I found out that it really was his baby…

A bit later and I found myself nervously walking to the administration block with a head full of pestering thoughts that wouldn’t seem to go away.

Was I going to tell him the truth? Was I going to make up a lie and say it was my fault and get expelled? Or was I going to go with Cole’s story (which I didn’t even know yet) and let him take the fall?

None of these options sounded the least bit tempting.

But even if I was going to go with Cole’s story, you could clearly see my problem; what if Principal Maletos asked for my side of the story?

I gave an exasperated sigh as I reached the interior of the Admin Block.

‘Yes Avery, good, you’re here. Principal Maletos told me to let you into his office as soon as you got here.’ Mrs Frances ushered me in as i neared her desk.

I nodded and hesitantly set off to the man where my whole future lies.

I knocked on the door as i swallowed past the big lump at the back of my throat.

‘Come in Ms Blake.’ The principal said as I dropped my eyes to the ground and entered. I sat at one of the chairs which were placed in front of his desk so I was directly in front of him.

I kept my eyes bowed down in shame as he simply sat there. I could tell I was under his gaze.

‘Now Avery, Mr Ford will not be teaching at this school anymore. I am sorry such a thing happened. I just wanted to call you here to apologize.’

I looked up at him in astonishment. He couldn’t be serious, could he?

‘So you’re not even going to ask for my side of the story?’ I asked in bewilderment.

‘No, that will not be needed, thank you.’

‘But what if he’s lying? Is there something I’m missing because I’m fairly certain that you are meant to be taking both of our sides of the story?’ I anxiously asked.

‘Look Avery, please let it go. This is your chance to get away with it scotch free now if you please, go.’ Principal Maletos said as he let out a long exhale and leaned back in his chair.

I truly did not understand.

‘I don’t understand.’ I slowly drew out.

‘You don’t get it do you?-‘he asked rhetorically as he continued ‘-You’ve been through a lot and I think you’re an amazing student to have at this school and your future is full of great opportunities. I knew there was something going on between the two of you since you got…kidnapped but I tried to hold my tongue. Today when I found you two, I wasn’t surprised but I was stunned because I knew I had a difficult decision ahead of me. At that time, I was on my way to find Cole and discuss you as I knew I couldn’t leave this subject unspoken for any longer. So nobody did tell me about you two, I just didn’t want to put out there that I already knew.  I probably wouldn’t let you off like this if you were under 18 but you’re not which means you’re old enough to make your own decisions and if you being with Cole was what you wanted to do then I trust you meaning he’s not taking advantage of you and your relationship is strong enough to last through all of this. By me firing him, you two can still be together and now there will be no more rules you need to break for the two of you to last.’ He concluded.