The Point of No Return {sequel to The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [teacher]}28

Chapter 28
No Going Back- Was I overreacting? Probably.

Meghann’s POV

These next few weeks would change all. I, myself, was not expecting the following events to occur but they did. And now I was to face the consequences. The events leading up to my death…no I’m joking. Whether my death was to follow or not was for fate to decide. I had let everyone down. For what was to come was completely my fault.

Avery Blake’s POV

Where.is.it?’ I asked in frustration to myself.

My breathing was uneasy and my heart rate was escalated as I frantically searched my room in desperation and panic.

I threw aside my many school books, some novels and then I scattered clothes around my room before coming to the conclusion that it wasn’t in here. I fell on my dorm room floor with my eyes filling with tears. If it wasn’t here…it wasn’t anywhere. I never took it out of my room. It belonged here. The only conclusion I came up with was that I didn’t lose it, no, someone had been in here. If I wasn’t in such a rush to find it, I would have noticed that a few of my draws were left slightly ajar, I would have noticed that my closet wasn’t fully pushed up against my wall and I would have noticed the slight tilting of the sheets of paper on my desk.

To anybody else, this would have seemed petty and stupid but without this, I felt hollow and empty.

I had to wrap my mind around the fact that Jenna’s diary was missing.

**

A week of strange ordinariness passed before time itself stopped. Everything that once seemed normal was now distorted and irregular. Everything once plain and simple now seemed misleading and deceitful.

Was I overreacting? Probably.

**

Something was wrong, but I wasn’t sure what. I wasn’t crazy, no, not entirely. The reason I felt something was wrong because I had heard a deathly scream before silence enveloped Northern Bay Academy.

One scream.

That’s all it took.

My blood instantly boiled. It was hard to explain but I knew that scream anywhere. Heck, I had experienced that scream first hand; the scream of a girl about to face death.

So here’s how it happened. It was a fairly ordinary day, to say the least. The day was Saturday and I was strumming my guitar by the Frangipani wall where I had experienced so much. I had nothing planned for today, which was strange, hence why I was practically doing nothing. It was nice and peaceful and you could clearly hear the leaves rustling in the wind. That’s when I heard it. I heard it from the side opposite to the main entrance. Close to where I was. It was just silence, a painful scream and the more silence. It’s like the quit then ate up the horrid sound as nothing followed.

I instantly arose from my sitting position and placed my guitar on the ground, hidden by the bushes where I knew it would be safe. I then took off in a run towards the sound.

Yes, stupid and irrational. But I knew I could handle myself. Whatever the circumstance.

‘Is anyone there?’ I asked a few times, my voice heavy from running.

As I approached the area in which I assumed the sound to come from, I realised someone was lying on the ground.

Blonde hair was sprawled over the girls face as I instantly recognised who it was.

With an abrupt scream, I sprinted the rest of the way before standing over the body in sudden shock.

There was no time to react as I felt a sharp stinging in my arm before I joined Meghann on the cold, hard ground; the syringe dropping from someone’s hands and landing near my face before my eyes fluttered shut and I was lost in a sudden unconsciousness.

LetMeThink0:

Haha sorry for the incredibly short chapter but I was rushing. I just really wanted to end the chapter like this so yeah. I wasn’t planning on this happening yet but now I’m trying to finish the novel faster so I cut it short. Um, I’m half way through the next chapter so it’ll be up much quicker. The more people I get messaging or commenting to tell me to update, the quicker I probably will as I’ll get motivated. Ermmm, I guess the rest of the book will be pretty fast pace-y and intense, I guess. I know exactly what’s to come and I’m fairly excited for all you to find out as well as the chapters progress. I’m just going to ask (you don’t have to answer) but how many chapters would you prefer for this book to have?
Anyway, thanks for reading, next chapter will be up in a few days (maybe even tomorrow or the next day). Don’t forget to LIKE/COMMENT/FAN x