The Point of No Return {sequel to The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [teacher]}4

Chapter 4

Secrets Revealed, Psychics Concealed- ‘The Wheel of Fortune.’

‘Oh pretty, pretty, pretty please!’ begged Meghann as she tugged on my arm for desperation.

‘Do I have a choice?’ I said with a smirk.

‘Yes, thank you, thank you, and thank you!’ Meghann cheered as she looped arms with me and we were off. She had been spending the last 5 minutes trying to convince me to go to a psychic reading as soon as we entered the big Mall and saw the big, bold sign clearly illustrating a psychic present.

I hesitantly trailed behind her as she eagerly strode to the front counter of the reception.

‘What can we do for you today ladies?’ asked a young woman with cropped brown hair at the reception.

‘We want to get a reading!’ Meghann said with a huge grin.

The receptionist typed her acrylic nails against her keyboard for a couple of seconds before speaking ‘OK, what kind are you thinking of?’ she asked politely.

‘The whole package!’ answered Meghann quickly as she looked at me for confirmation. I gave a shrug of my shoulders before the woman began to type again.

‘OK, Madam currently has a client but if you wait 5 minutes I am sure she will be done.’

‘Sure!’ Meghann cheered.

‘Um, excuse me? How much is all this going to cost?’ I asked hesitantly.

Her eyes met mine as she smiled ‘For ‘the whole package’ it would usually cost around $100 each but today is a day of peace and cleansing so Madam is offering it but half price.’

‘Ok, we’ll take it!’ Meghann spoke for the both of us as we walked over and sat in the seats.

I took my time to absorb the appearance of the room. All colours appeared to be colours of power and strength like gold and sea blue. The interior was also calm and organised. There were motivational pictures on the walls and to the left of the seating area were some gold chains which were hanging from the top of the door way instead of a door. 

A young couple came out from the other side with satisfied grins, hand-in-hand as they thanked the receptionist and handed her some money. ‘Thank you Stephanie.’ I heard them sat to her. They shared some more words before the couple left and Stephanie walked over casually to the doorway and disappeared as the chains rattled for a minute or so before she returned.

‘Excuse me ladies but Madam Melrose will see you now.’ She spoke as me and Meghann exchanged looks before excitingly standing up (or well Meghann being the more excited one).

‘This way.’ Stephanie said as she showed us behind the dangling chains and motioned us behind a door before she stopped and knocked. She then placed her ear on the door before looking back at us and giving a nod before disappearing away.

I hesitated as my hand was on the door knob. I opened it and was overwhelmed with a strange smell. It was like the scent of a hundred perfumes blended into one.

‘Wow…’ I head Meghann utter in awe as she looked around the room. I followed her lead and did the same. Everything was purple… literally.

The carpet was dark purple, the walls were painted dark purple and almost everything else was violet.

‘Bonjour, bonjour mesdames.’ spoke a heavilyaccentedvoice i assumed to be of Madam Melrose.

I hadn’t noticed her until she spoke.