1. The First Day Of School

"Hey, Mario!" Daisy said, coming over to sit at the table.

"Hey," Mario said glumly.

"What's wrong? You seem down," Daisy asked.

"That's because I got put down," Mario muttered, staring at his pizza.

"Aww, don't listen to that crap,' Daisy said, patting his back.

*flashback*

"A squared B cubed," Mario answered, standing up.

"Correct, Mario. You're on the right track today," Ms. Paratroopa smiled. After that period, Mario was on his way to his locker, when someone shoved his books to the floor. He turned around and saw Bowser.

"Nerd," Bowser insulted. "What did you do this summer? Study?" He and his friends laughed and left Mario alone to pick up his books.

*flashback over*

"I should be used to it by now," Mario said. "Why am I so sensitive?'

"It's not your fault," Daisy replied. "Bowser and his friends really need to shape up their act."

"Hey, guys!" Luigi and Yoshi came over to join them.

"Hi," Mario and Daisy replied.

"Out of curiosity," Mario started. "Do you ever wish you were popular?"

"Yeah, sometimes," Daisy admitted. "I'm the only unpopular girl."

"But, you're the only girl here with a properly working mind," Mario laughed.

"Hey, that's offensive!" Yoshi exclaimed. He was never one to intentionally hurt other people's feelings.

"Haha, thanks, Mario," Daisy said.

"No, I don't wish I was popular, but I do wish people here would start treating people equally," Luigi said.

"I think so, too," Yoshi agreed.

"You guys have a good point," Mario told his friends.

*when school ended*

"Hey, Yoshi!" Birdo called.

"H-hey," Yoshi stuttered, unsure why a popular girl was talking to him.

"Wanna go out to dinner with me tonight?" Birdo asked in a flirty way.

"Umm, s-sure," Yoshi replied.

"Kay-kay, I'll meet ya at Flipswitch Felix at 6!" Birdo winked and gave him a kiss on the cheek, making Yoshi turn as red as the bow on Birdo's head.

How was that for a first chapter? Hope you liked it! Pls check out my other books. And sorry if you found it boring but it gets better as the book goes along. Anyways pls add, comment, vote, etc. Thanks!

- pinkandpeachy