36. Lakeside Park

*the following Monday*

"Luigi, I have to ask you something," Yoshi stated as soon as the class was dismissed to lunch. 

"What?" Luigi questioned.

"Should I invite Mario to go with us to Lakeside Park?" Yoshi asked. "I know we don't really hang with him anymore, but I feel like we should invite him anyway because we used to be good friends."

"Honestly, it's your choice but he probably wouldn't want to go with us," Luigi answered. "It's like Rosalina inviting Peach to a party."

"Good point," Yoshi said. "Okay, thanks. By the way, you can come right?"

"Yeah," Luigi replied.

"Good," Yoshi smiled.

*four days later*

 "I'm so excited!" Yoshi told his friends as they got into Yoshi's van. "Let's grab some breakfast before heading to Lakeside Park."

"Sure, I'm game with that," Toad replied. Just as that was said, the van began moving.

Birdo played a song on her phone at full volume. Boo groaned.

"Umm... Please don't play pop music!" he said. "Don't you have any classic rock or something?"

"Nope," Birdo smiled.

"Yosh, where are your parents?" Rosalina questioned.

"They're following us in a smaller car," Yoshi answered. "By the way Daisy, did you bring what I requested you to?"

"Dai?" Luigi turned to his left. Daisy was leaning against the van window while listening to her own music on her earphones and reading a very thick book. Luigi poked her, causing her to forcefully yank the earphones out of her ears.

"What?" Daisy asked.

"DId you bring what I requested you to?" Yoshi repeated.

"Oh... Yeah!" Daisy nodded. She then tossed Yoshi a bag of peaches.

"Thanks!" Yoshi grinned.

Daisy just shrugged and wore her earphones again.

*four hours later*

Boo glanced at everyone from the back of the van. He was currently doing nothing besides staring out the window at the beautiful scenery.

Birdo was still listening to pop music and she seemed happy doing so. Rosalina was doing something in a notebook and Boo assumed she was either drawing or writing. Luigi was sleeping, Daisy was still reading, and Yoshi and Toad were eating a bag of potato chips together.

"Yosh?" Boo said. "How near are we?"

"Around two hours," Yoshi answered.

What can I do in these two hours? Boo thought. He was unable to eat or sleep. Boo got out a notebook and a pen, deciding to write his tutoring plan for Bowser.

"What are you writing?" Toad asked, noticing what Boo was doing.

"Drawing," Boo lied, flipping to a page in his notebook where he had drawn something. "Wanna see?"

"Sure, why not?" Toad said, seeing Boo's stick figure drawings. "Umm... That's nice."

"Art isn't really my thing," Boo stated.