42. The Last Day Of School

*the next day*

"This day will likely be fun," Luigi stated. He and Daisy were wandering around the school, since there was at least thirty minutes until class started.

"I know right?" Daisy agreed.

As the two students passed the library, they heard some familiar voices.

"Let's go into the library," Daisy suggested. "Maybe we're not the only ones in our class that are already here."

"Well, there's Mario," Luigi pointed out.

"Yeah, but he was texting Donkey Kong about who knows what when we saw him earlier. I don't want to stop him from befriending someone else by making him hang out with us," Daisy explained.

"Good point. So, I guess we should go in," Luigi said, opening the door for himself and Daisy.

The faint voices they heard just minutes ago became louder once they entered the library.

"Well, I just wanted to thank you for being so patient with me this whole school year," a deep, masculine voice said. "I know that I'm not very easy to work with and I know you probably sacrificed a lot of time for this."

"Oh... Umm, you're welcome," another masculine voice replied, but this one was more high-pitched than the previous one. "Even though I usually have plenty of free time."

Luigi glanced at Daisy, mentally asking her, "What should we do?".

"Just stay here and keep listening for now," Daisy whispered.

"So with what Peach said yesterday and everything, the two social groups are probably nonexistent now," the deeper voice stated.

"You think?" the other voice responded.

"Yep. Maybe we can become friends next school year without getting negative feedback from our respective groups of friends. You get what I'm saying?" the first voice questioned.

"Yeah, more or less..." the higher-pitched voice trailed off.

That was when Luigi and Daisy decided to leave their hiding spot.

The two conversing boys turned out to be Bowser and Boo. All four of the students looked extremely surprised to see each other.

"Hey..." Boo spoke, his face turning red.

"I'm really confused now," Luigi stated.

"I think we should give them an explanation," Bowser glanced at the ghost-like creature next to him. "It's not really a secret anymore, considering it's the end of the school year."

"We'd appreciate an explanation," Daisy responded.

"Okay, then. Boo, you should do the honors of telling them," Bowser suggested.

"If you say so," Boo hesitated. "The principal assigned me as Bowser's tutor for this school year. We've been meeting up twice a week after school since September."

"I must say," Luigi commented. "You've done a good job of hiding it."

"That's pretty much all there is to know," Bowser said. "I think you both know why this had to be a secret until now."

"Trust me, we do," Daisy replied.

"Dai, I think we should head to class soon," Luigi told his girlfriend.

"Okay. See you both at Science," Daisy waved at Bowser and Boo before exiting the library with Luigi.

*at lunch*

The school lunch that day was mini burgers. Though it was not exactly the best meal that the school could offer, no one really minded because everyone was too excited to go home today.

The former unpopulars were sitting together and eating lunch, as usual. However, a chain of unexpected events began to occur.

"Hey," Bowser spoke to the group. Most of the former unpopulars waved or said "hi" in return.

"Can we sit with you all?" Bowser asked. He gestured to Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong, who were standing next to him.

"Sure, why not?" Yoshi answered.

"Thanks," Bowser slipped into a seat next to Boo. Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong found seats right next to each other.

"A table of thirteen?" Mario murmured to Toad. "I don't think we've sat in such a large group since elementary school."

"I know right?" Toad agreed.

"Mind if I join you guys?" Dixie approached the table with her tray.

"Nope, we don't mind," Rosalina responded.

Yay, thank you!" Dixie took the free seat that was next to Diddy.

"Oh, here's where everyone is at!" Toadette ran over to the table just a few minutes later. "Can Peach and I stay here, too?"

"Yeah, we still have empty seats anyway," Birdo stated.

"Cool. Peachy!" Toadette called behind her shoulder. "Let's sit here!"

"Okay!" Peach replied, making her way to the table. Peach casually sat next to Daisy, while Toadette sat next to Peach.

And with that, all of the freshmen were sitting together at one table.

It was a pleasant experience for all sixteen of them. People were listening to each other's stories, slowly learning more about those they didn't know well. By the end of the lunch break, everyone could agree that they had bonded as a class at least a little.

*later*

"Well, I'm glad you all survived 9th grade math," Ms. Paratroopa told the class. "I will be your 10th grade math teacher, so I shall see you all after the summer br-"

The final bell suddenly rang and Ms. Paratroopa was forced to stop talking because all of the freshman students excitedly stood up and began screaming. Some of the girls hugged each other, while a few boys stood up on their chairs and tables.

After about thirty seconds, the students ran out of the classroom with their belongings. Ms. Paratroopa was left alone in the classroom.

"Stars," she sighed. "I certainly deserve a break."

All of the students from all of the grades were taking up space in the hallway. Luigi pushed people aside as he made his way through the crowd and towards Mario. Soon, the two brothers were right next to each other.

"We survived 9th grade! We survived the first year of high school!" Luigi cheered. "We survived the stress!" Mario and Luigi did a high-five.

"One year down, three more to go," Mario smiled.

This book is... FINISHED. I'm not gonna write a super long author's note or anything, that will be saved for a later time if you know what I mean. Go back to the chapter that is titled "Announcement", read the bolded part, and do the favor I'm asking of you. I guess this book really has come to an end for some of you. But for others, this book has yet to finish. Why? There are... BONUS CHAPTERS. So if you're interested in a chapter that takes place several years after the events of this book, a very long and probably emotional author's note, and a short trip behind this story's chapters, then keep looking out for updates. Otherwise, thank you so much for staying with me through this MH journey and feel free to read my other books. Anyways please add, comment, vote, etc. Thanks!

pinkandpeachy