A Final Message From The Author

There's a lot I've been wanting to tell you readers. Most of these things will be in this message. I hope you're not too busy because you'll probably be reading this for awhile. I know that a lot of you are questioning me, wondering why I even bothered to write such a long author's note at the end of my book. You probably think I'm making such a big deal over the end of Mushroom High and perhaps I really am. But, you have to understand that this book has come a long way compared to most of the other Mario books on Wattpad and please stick around if you want to find out how.

Let's begin on when I started this book. I was a few months away from turning twelve and it was July 2013- the summer before 7th grade. I was a newbie on Wattpad, having only been around for a month. I barely had five followers. I had never written a real fanfiction before, since the only other book I was writing at that time was just a collection of Mario Kart one-shots. Don't bother looking for it, I deleted it in like September 2013.

I don't think I remember why exactly I decided to write Mushroom High. I had only finished my first year of middle school, what would I know about high school? I guess 2013 was around the time I decided that I wanted to be a good writer, so I decided to start with making a Wattpad account, which I did in June of that year. But I could never think of a decent thing to write about, not until I thought of Mushroom High. It was combining my goal of being good at writing with the Super Mario series, which was and still is my main fandom. However as unlikely as it may seem, I never achieved my "good writing" goal and I'll elaborate on that later in this message.

For now, I want to focus on another topic and I hope saying what I'm about to say won't make me seem like a brat. But back when I first started Mushroom High, there were NO other Mario high school books. There was much less Mario authors on Wattpad in general. But now, there are countless Mario high school books and possibly hundreds of Mario authors. I don't want to sound like a braggart, but I think it's safe to say that Mushroom High was one of the first Mario books and the very first Mario high school book on Wattpad. You won't come across another Mario high school book on this site that has been around and active since July 2013. I'll be honest, sometimes I get a little jealous when other Mario authors are more popular or have more popular books. That's because I remember when I was one of the only Mario authors. Don't worry, I'm actually pretty happy that there are more Mario authors on Wattpad now.

Now, on to a different topic. I just want you all to know that not a lot of things in this book were based off of my real life experiences. For example, romance. I've never been asked out nor have I asked anyone out. That also means I've never dated anyone, so I practically have no romantic experience. So, please forgive me if you came across any inaccuracies in this story. I practically thought of the entire plot when I was 11.

Also ever since I started writing Mushroom High, my life was full of coincidences. Before I started writing this story and I had the whole plot prepared, almost none of the events were based off of my real life experiences. But as I wrote Mushroom High, events in real life started occurring that were similar to the ones in Mushroom High. I began basing some of the main characters off of people I knew in real life. Of course, this book wasn't completely like my real life. I was just able to make connections between my real life and the characters' lives in this story.

This may or may not come as a complete shocker to you, but... I don't like Mushroom High. I don't like my own book. I won't use the word "hate" because that's a very strong word. This book is the kind of thing that I'd cringe at if I ever thought about it in the future. All I can say is that I think Mushroom High is basically a series of bad ideas. I don't want to say any more about that because I don't want your opinion of this book to change because of mine. There are two reasons that I can think of out of the top of my head as to why I even completed Mushroom High. The first one is because of you readers, who convinced me that you loved this story even when I didn't. Both online and in real life, I admit that I tend to be a people pleaser. I try to make everyone happy, whether I'll also be happy or not. The second reason is that most of the time, I hate leaving things unfinished.

I know that Mushroom High is pretty badly written, which is why I am surprised by the amount of readers it has. You give this book much more love than it deserves, so thanks for that. It's almost impossible to believe that a few people actually consider me good at writing. I don't know if my standards are too high or anything, but I think I'm really bad at writing. So, you have no idea how much it makes my day when people post on my message board, saying I'm one of their favorite authors on Wattpad. Hey, I guess you can call me a sensitive person.

Umm, this is something I haven't addressed in awhile, at least for this book... But when the other Mario high school books started appearing, I considered them to be copying my book. I won't lie, I used to get a bit annoyed when I'd see other Mario high school books, especially if the author didn't ask me for permission before making their book. I'd get kinda pissed when people used the concept of populars and unpopulars. I know, that wasn't very nice of me. Fortunately, I'm not like that anymore. Now, I only consider a book to be copying Mushroom High if it contains events that are similar or the same as the ones in this book. In a way, becoming a Wattpad author has made me a nicer person online.

Now I want to talk about the present, the time that I finally finished writing Mushroom High. About a year and eight months have passed. From less than 5 followers in July 2013, I have almost 120. This book nearly has 20k reads! I started writing this book in the summer before 7th grade and now, I'm gonna graduate from middle school next month. I spent majority of my middle school life writing this AND keeping it a secret from the real world. It is because of this book that a lot of the Mario fans on Wattpad know of me... And even some non-Mario authors as well! I think it's safe to say that Mushroom High is my most popular work.

Thank you so much for all of the love and support you've given this book of mine! If I could, I would give each of you hundreds of Mario character plushes! Just kidding, but hopefully you get the point. I would take forever to handpick the most active readers, so I won't do that. After all, I appreciate your reads, votes, and comments equally! I hope you continue to read my other works.

By the way, there's one more chapter after this. Feel free to read it if you want to know even more about Mushroom High. Also, please do the favor I asked of you in the chapter called "Announcement" if you haven't already. Writing this book was an adventure of a kind and though I'm glad it's over, I don't regret going through it. I'm nowhere near leaving Wattpad, since I haven't become a good writer yet. Anyways, thank you for reading this incredibly weird author's note and I'd love it if you could leave a comment saying what you like about this book. I'd make this message even longer, but I don't want to keep you here for too long. I hope you have an amazing rest of the day. All of you are so freaking awesome!

- pinkandpeachy