7. A Rainy Evening

*the next day*

Yoshi was walking to a coffee shop where he was supposed to meet Daisy. It was raining and Yoshi didn't have an umbrella- he didn't mind, though. Rain didn't bug him. He did know that Daisy liked rainy days, though. Not because she liked being under the rain outside, but because it made her relaxed. Yoshi suddenly saw a familiar figure. Oh, great, Yoshi thought. It was Waluigi. Yoshi walked by, hoping that Waluigi wouldn't notice him. But, no such luck. "Hey, Yoshi," Waluigi smirked, saying Yoshi's name with emphasis.

"I have to go somewhere, please don't waste my time," Yoshi said nicely, as usual. The two students were at a stoplight.

"Whatever, wimp," Waluigi shoved Yoshi into a mud puddle on the road. And it was a red light. Yoshi saw a car speeding to him, so he quickly got up and tried to make his way across the street, getting splashed with dirty water from all the cars. When Yoshi finally crossed to the other side, he saw Waluigi laughing at him. Yoshi sighed and turned away, walking to the coffee shop. 5 minutes later, he arrived. The Shroombucks logo glowed bright green. Yoshi went in and immediately saw Daisy. She was sitting at a table and she was smiling with her eyes closed. Daisy opened her eyes when she heard someone sitting down across from her. 

"Hey, Yosh," Daisy smiled.

"Hey, Dai," Yoshi replied.

"So, umm... Wanna order anything?" Daisy asked.

"Sure," Yoshi said and the two friends went to the cashier to order food and drinks.

"Who's gonna pay this time?" Daisy asked.

"Uhh... Me?' Yoshi replied. Daisy nodded.

"One small vanilla frappe and a...?" She glanced at Yoshi.

"A small mocha latte for me," Yoshi said. Daisy raised an eyebrow in confusion, but didn't say anything.

"Oh yeah and two ham and cheese croissants," she added.

"Names?" the Toad at the cashier asked.

"I'm Daisy and he's Yoshi," Daisy replied.

"72 coins," the Toad said. Yoshi handed him the money. When Daisy and Yoshi had their food and drinks, they went back to their table. 

"Why a mocha latte?" Daisy questioned. "It has caffeine."

"Caffeinated drinks have no effect on me," Yoshi answered. "And I think they taste good."

"Oh," Daisy said. "Anyways, I forgot to ask you- how was your date with Birdo?"

"The one two weeks ago?" Yoshi asked. Daisy nodded. "That was so long ago!" Yoshi laughed. 

"Not really," Daisy rolled her eyes. So, Yoshi described his date with Birdo at the movie theatre. "You guys are so cute!" Daisy exclaimed after Yoshi was done. "I told you you two would make a good couple!"

"Uhh... Thanks?" Yoshi gave Daisy a small smile. "Speaking of which, what do you think of Luigi and Rosalina?" Daisy's facial expression quickly changed.

"Umm... They're a good couple," Daisy faked a smile. Yoshi stared at her intensely.

"What's wrong?" Yoshi asked. "You're acting as if there's a negative thing to it." Yoshi could always read Daisy like a book. He was extremely smart and observant. 

"Nothing!" Daisy lied.

"Seriously, Dai," Yoshi said. "I know there's something wrong."

"Alright, I'll tell you," Daisy sighed. But, you can't tell ANYONE." Daisy put a lot of emphasis on "anyone".  "The thing is, I've had a crush on Luigi for awhile..." Daisy mumbled. Yoshi's eyes widened.

"Since when?" he asked.

"Umm... Since, like, 6th grade," Daisy answered.

"... I told Peach when we were still friends," Daisy replied. " I don't know if she still remembers, though."

"Look, I'm no therapist," Yoshi said, even though he was kind of the therapist of the group. "But, I do know that at the end, there will be a result that'll make you, Luigi, and Rosalina all happy."

"Thanks, Yosh," Daisy smiled. "By the way, you seem somewhat wet. Did anything happen on the way here?" Yoshi nodded and explained what happened with Waluigi. "What's wrong with us?" Daisy sighed.

"Nothing's wrong with us," Yoshi corrected. "Something's wrong with them." Daisy laughed.

"You're right," she said.

*earlier, at a shopping village*

"How do I look?" Peach walked out of the fitting room in a sleeveless light pink mini dress with a thin hot pink belt. 

"You look beautiful," Bowser replied truthfully.

"Thanks," Peach giggled. After changing back into her normal outfit, Peach went to the cashier to buy the dress. After Bowser paid for it, Peach handed Bowser the bag for him to carry. Then, the couple walked around the shopping village, looking for a place to eat. 15 minutes later, it started raining. "No, it can't rain!" Peach exclaimed. "I'm not dressed for rainy weather!" Peach was wearing a tank top and a skirt. She had always hated rain.

"It's ok," Bowser said. Unlike his girlfriend, he didn't have any problem with rainy weather.

"No, it isn't," Peach complained.

"Then, we have to choose where to eat quick," Bowser replied. Peach and Bowser stopped in front of several restaurants. "You know, the burgers there are really good," Bowser told Peach. Peach frowned.

"I don't want burgers. How about there?" she pointed to an Italian restaurant. 

 "Nah," Bowser replied. "I'm craving a burger."

"But, I don't want a burger!" Peach protested.

"Well, I don't want Italian food!" 

"Burgers aren't romantic enough for our date!" 

"You chose where to eat last time!"

"Because you should be a gentleman and go along with MY decisions!"

"That's not fair!"

"Well, too bad!" 

"Look, we're just wasting time."

"I know, so let's just eat where I want!"

"I let you choose which shopping village to go to, at least let me choose where to eat!"

"But, I want Italian!" Peach began fake-crying.

"Ugh, fine, I give up," Bowser gave in.

"Yay!" the fake tears immediately disappeared from Peach's face and she dragged her boyfriend to the Italian restaurant. By now, the couple was soaking wet from arguing under the rain without any kind of protection. Bowser loved Peach... When she was satisfied.

I hope I made you laugh w/ the Bowser and Peach argument. I'm SO sorry for not updating in a month, school has kept me quite busy! I'll be making lots of references in this book. I hope you guys liked the length of this chapter! Most of my future chapters should be about this long, give or take. Btw, it's exactly one month til my birthday! Anyways pls add, comment, vote, etc. Thanks!

- pinkandpeachy