Chapter 8: Sadness.

*SKIPPING TO LUNCH*

I walked out of class, following Jayden outside. He looked at me and smiled.

"You want to skate or eat lunch?" He said.

"Either ones fine." I replied, smiling.

"I want to eat." He said, laughing.

"Okay." I smiled.

We walked towards the lunchroom. When we entered the room, it was hella loud. I looked at the tables. One table seemed like jocks and cheerleaders there. One table seemed like geeks and nerds. Another table seemed like all of them combined.

Jayden went to go get his food and I just stood at the door, waiting for him. I didn't feel like eating. I feel fat everytime I get a bite of something. Even if it's healthy things, I feel gross. I'm just not satisfied with myself.

A few minutes later, Jayden walked towards me.

"Want to sit with me? Or we can go outside and eat." Jayden said, smiling.

His perfect white teeth.

I didn't think that.

"Either way." I said, faking a smile.

"Let's eat with my friends. Maybe you can make some friends!" He replied, walking towards a table.

I followed him to the table. He stopped at the jocks table. Most jocks had cheerleaders on their laps. Jayden sat down and introduced me to his friends. They all smiled at me, I smiled a fake smile back.

I sat down next to Jayden. We all started talking about random things. Out of nowhere Brianna came and sat on Jayden's lap. She kissed him on the lips.

My fists clenched and my jaw tightened. Jayden's hands slid around her waist.

Does he like her?..

I don't feel jealousy.. right?..

I looked away, ignoring their little make out session. After 2 minutes they stopped. Brianna giggled and Jayden slightly frowned.

I wonder what that's all about..

Brianna looked at me and glared. I slightly smirked at that. Jayden took Brianna off his lap and talked to his friends.

Brianna excused herself from the table and grabbed my arm for me to follow her. I followed her outside of the lunchroom.

She let go of my arm.

"Don't steal Jayden from me. I doubt he even likes you. Your some pathetic stupid little girl who no one likes. Your worthless, your a wreck, I hope you die. Oh yeah, stay away from Jayden. If you don't, I'm for sure going to ruin your life." She said, cockily.

"I'm not 'stealing' Jayden from you. Look I don't give a shit if your fucking him. He only likes me as a friend and I accept that. I may be pathetic, stupid, worthless and a wreck, but I'm not little. If I was little I wouldn't be taller than you. You already ruined my life, by coming in it." I replied, crossing my arms over my chest.

Her face turned red. Her hand went across my face as fast as lightning. My check stung. I looked back at her, she was smiling victoriously. She wasn't going to win this fight.

I slapped her back. Her face flung to the right.

"Y-you bitch." She said, groaning.

"Woof." I replied.

She straightened her face and grabbed my hair.

Shit that hurts.

She grabbed my hair and whispered in my ear.

"Watch it." She said, as she let go of my hair.

I nodded. I walked away, holding my cheek. It was in so much pain. Tears formed in my eyes from the pain. I got my backpack, and skateboard.

I walked out of the school and placed my skateboard on the ground. I positioned my feet on the skateboard and started to skate. The sky was grey, the sun wasn't out, trees were moving.

After a good 5 minutes I reached the skate park. I stopped skating and grabbed my skateboard. I felt my cheek once more and cried.

I didn't cry from the pain.

I cried because what Brianna said was true.

I'm pathetic.

I'm stupid.

I'm worthless.

I'm a wreck.

*************************************************

After a few minutes of crying, I picked up my skateboard and headed home. When I got home I only saw my dad was home. I opened the door and saw my dad in tears.

I've never seen him cry before..

I sat next to him on the couch.

"What's wrong dad?" I said, hugging him.

"I found out about your mother.." He replied, still in tears.

"I was going to tell you about it. I only found out yesterday. I slept over at my friend's house because I was angry." I said, crying with him.

"It's okay kiddo. Don't cry pumpkin.. I love you. It's only us 2 left in the family now. We're in this together, right?" He replied with hope.

"Yes. We are dad." I said, hugging him tightly.

"I love you." My dad and I both said.

*************************************************