Chapter 13 - Daniel's Rival

Kristina

"Tinaaa!" I heard Ella yell from behind me. I was about to turn around until she sprung her arms around my shoulders.

It was our break time, and every-bored-body rushed out of the room as soon as the bell rung.

A few girls stayed in to chat with Kristopher. He looked like he didn't mind - in fact, he looked like he was enjoying their attention, unlike Daniel when he first came in this class.

"Ella," I laughed as I removed my best friend's arms around my neck. She really loved hugging. I'm used to it now as it feels really calming since I was always in a foul mood.

I loved hugs but I don't usually initiate it. Ella's hugs were sometimes suffocating but it was fine.

Of course, if it were other people, they'd be castrated immediately.

"Why are all the girls in our class like that?" I tilted my head to the direction where Kristopher was currently surrounded by a group of girls. I wrinkled my nose when I realized some were flirting with him, and he was flirting back. "Do they have some kind of pretty-boy fetish or something?"

"Well," Ella twirled her hair around her finger as she glanced at their direction. "He is cute. He is a celebrity. And to top it off, he has a sexy accent."

I nodded, taking in what she just said. So having a different accent was attractive? Well, to be honest, it did sound pleasing to the ears.

I don't understand a girl's logic.

"He's weird." I concluded before closing my bag. "I have a feeling I'm going to be annoyed by him in the future."

"I get it, since it's you," she chuckled. Was that a compliment or an insult? "But he hugged you earlier. Do you two know each other? Is he one of your childhood friends too? Wow, all of your friends are hot. Including me, of course."

"I don't - "

Before I could finish a whole sentence, the topic of our discussion caught us looking at him. His face lit up immediately and he waved his hand. "TINZ! YOOHOO!"

I broke eye-contact immediately. I sighed at Ella, who was just giggling at that new student's hyper personality. They would be great friends since their personalities matched. I just continued what I was saying to Ella.

"No, I don't know him. I just bumped into him two days ago, and then met him again yesterday."

"Ooh?" she scratched her chin playfully upon glancing at him. He was pretty much enjoying our classmates' compliments and warm welcomes. "Sounds like fate to me." When she saw how I glared at her, she shook her head and laughed. "Kidding! I wonder why then. Is he interested in you?"

"Why did he choose this school?" I asked, mostly to myself. "A big celebrity like him should enroll in more prestigious schools. Rich schools. There must be a reason why he's here."

It was so suspicious, and I was completely convinced that there was something he wanted since he chose this school particularly. Plus, it was only a week or two ago when Daniel, the probable genius, transferred here as well.

Why were famous/genius people transferring to our school all of a sudden?

I'm not gonna accept that the reason was because our school was getting famous or anything. Because that was not true at all.

"Maybe you're just thinking too much," Ella waved an airy hand, signaling the end of our discussion. "Say Tina, are you free this Saturday?"

Still adjusting to the sudden change of topic, it took me a while to reply. I was still contemplating my thoughts, and then I thought of my schedule for the week. "Yeah I guess so. Why?"