Chapter 4 - The Neverending First Day

Kristina

"Class dismissed," Miss Stanford sighed after the bell rang. I'll bet she was exhausted trying to get our class' attention. After all, it was difficult to concentrate with my shitty darling around. He was just a new student and everybody's already making a fuss.

It was inevitable because that bastard just had to open his mouth. Pushing those stupid thoughts aside, I found myself looking forward to my daily relief: lunch.

Usually, Ella and I would ditch yucky cafeteria food and bring our own lunch. And since the cafeteria was too crowded (I hated crowded places) we'd eat and relax on the school's rooftop. Nobody goes there anyway, and we were granted permission by the faculty.

Perks of being the council president.

"Let's go," Ella smiled at me, waving her bread at my face. Yes, this woman only had a piece of bread for lunch. She said it was part of her diet or something. Not that she was fat or anything.

I, on the other hand, never hold back from the insatiable appetite I have.

"Okay." I said, fixing my stuff.

As I neatly arranged my notebooks inside my bag, Ella hopped towards Daniel's desk. My hand stopped moving and my head quickly snapped to my best friend.

Oh no.

I just know something bad is gonna happen now that Ella knows about that stupid arrangement.

"Hi!" She greeted cheerfully. In response to that high level of energy, Daniel just looked at her, a bored expression stuck on his face. Ella didn't waver from her excitement though. "I'm Tina's best friend. Call me Ella."

"Hey." His tone was less than half enthusiastic compared to Ella's. Ugh, this guy. He's like a robot.

Ella's grin couldn't get any wider. "If you need help or want to know anything about my stubborn lil' best friend here, don't hesitate to ask me."

"What? No! Ella!" I hissed, giving up on tidying my stuff and ended up stuffing everything in my bag so we could go already.

"Sure," he said. When I whipped my eyes to where he was to send him a glare, he finally cracked a grin at Ella, and then at me. "Please do help me out."

I opened my mouth to say some kind of profanity, but found nothing that could express the amount of my current emotion so I shut up.

Plus, saying bad words is improper, especially since I'm the student council president.

To hell with that anyway.

Ella, on the other hand, felt the complete opposite of what I was feeling. I have a really bad feeling about this. No doubt, hundreds of plans are already circling inside her cupid mind right now.

Help me God.

"Where are you guys going?" He asked just as I stood up. I was still glaring at him so Ella replied instead.

"We're gonna have lunch at the rooftop."

I took Ella's hand and tugged her away from the robot. She must not get any closer. "C'mon let's go already."

"Can I come with you guys?" He asked, stopping me for a minute. My mouth was more than ready to say no until he continued. "I don't know my way around the school yet and I don't know anybody here, so."

I scoffed. "Absolutely not - "

"Of course!" Ella chirped happily. I gaped at her. I can't believe her! She smiled at him before she smiled at me, quite deviously if I may add. "He's your responsibility now, right Miss President? In more ways than one."