Chapter 2 - The Start of a Bad Relationship

Kristina

"Kristina! Sweetie what's wrong?!" Mom shook my shoulders back and forth.

I was wrapped in the towel he threw at me for now, and I couldn't get myself to release anything coherent... or any sound for that matter.

Did that... just happen?

What. The. Hell.

What the hell!

That guy! Who was that guy?! I keep trying to calm down my rapid heartbeats but it was useless. I'm going to kill that guy when I see him!

I glanced at my mom; she was giving me such a worried look. Well who wouldn't? I just screamed at the top of my lungs and when she finally got to my room, I was still standing behind the curtains, petrified from the shock.

I can't tell her about that guy just now. He must've been the most awaited guest and just got lost or something. And if I tell her now, she might get mad at him and chase him out after they just arrived.

Though he did look strikingly familiar.

"A spider!" I yelled. I knew how much my mom hated spiders, so I used that one as an excuse.

"WHAT?! WHERE?!" Her eyes widened in horror when she heard the accursed arachnid's name.

She jumped towards the toilet bowl, hugging her legs. Usually I'd laugh at her but considering the situation, I'll play along and pretend that guy was a freakin' spider.

"It's gone now."

I explained that the reason I screamed earlier was because this big spider crawled up my leg while I was taking a shower. She bought it.

Or so I hope.

"JACOB! HELP!" she yelled my dad's name hysterically, hugging her legs tighter against her chest and shutting her eyes close. "THERE'S A PERVERTED SPIDER ON THE LOOSE!"

I sighed. Yup. She totally bought it. And my mom's totally hopeless.

Daniel

I quickly made my way down the stairs when Aunt Lizzy went inside the bathroom to check up on that girl. I was actually hiding inside another room earlier in case she sees me and gets suspicious.

I want to punch myself in the eye right now. Of all the rooms to enter, of all the rooms I had to be curious of, it just had to be the bathroom.