Chap 15 "Trouble"

Nick's POV
We went through the ceremony and went to the reception. I lead Haylee onto the dance floor as This I Swear by Nick Lachey played. "I heard this is your favorite song," I smiled as we danced. "Once I heard it, I fell in love too."
Haylee's voice came through the speakers. "How'd you get this demo?" she asked.
"A friend of mine," I smiled as I spun Haylee around. "Definitely worth it." The song ended as everyone clapped. Chris's handed me a mic. "Stay right here." I left Haylee in the middle of the dance floor. "Let's give another round of applause to my beautiful bride because that was her voice on the track." I smiled at her. "So, the traditional father-daughter dance is next, but a year ago, Haylee lost her father so he isn't able to be here today." Haylee nodded. "However, she did fail to mention she has an older brother who's overseas in the Marine Corps." Haylee was shocked. "Her father handed me a flash drive because he knew he wouldn't be able to be here on her special day. He had asked me to play this song Butterfly Kisses during the father-daughter dance. Haylee, please turn around." She did to face a guy in a Marine uniform. She ran up to him and hugged him. "Thank you Jason Jennings for coming on such short notice to step in. On this song track, her father's voice is singing. He recorded this just for her." The music started and Chris walked over to me. "What?"
"Brother?" Chris asked.
"No one knew she had a brother," I nodded. "I managed to get in contact with him to get him here."
"You're lucky because she's an amazing woman," Chris replied.
"She's different," I smiled. "You know, she was the one who asked me to marry her."
"You can't find girls like that anymore," Chris nodded. "It's a shame."
The song ended. "Jason Jennings stepping in," I smiled as everyone clapped. The playlist started playing as her and Jason walked over to us. "Hey."
"Hi," Haylee smiled. "I'm so glad you're here Jason." I nodded. "Because you're going to be an uncle in right and a half months."
"Are you serious?" Jason asked. Haylee nodded. He picked her up and spun her around. "My baby sister is pregnant."
"About that, when is my big brother going to have kids?" Haylee asked.
"When I find her," Jason nodded.
Gunshots were heard and we all hit the ground. "You okay?" I asked Haylee and she nodded. "This has got to stop."
"Daddy!" Zara exclaimed.
"Zara," Haylee replied getting out of Jason's grip. I ran out hearing Haylee's heels clicking after me. We got outside and looked left and right. "Zara."
"Dammit!" I exclaimed putting my hands on my head.
Haylee squat down letting her dress poof out around her. She was crying. "Haylee," Jason made his way to her. He hugged her. "Hey. What's wrong?"
"We lost Zara," Haylee sobbed. "Now Maria's going to be yelling at us."
"Nick, listen to me carefully," Jason replied as he stood up. "End the reception now and put everybody on the case for your missing daughter."
"I have to," I nodded. I turned around and held up my hands at Haylee. I helped her up. "I don't want you anywhere near Maria."
"Why?" Haylee asked as I wiped away her tears. "We're both responsible for Zara so I'm involved whether you like it or not."
"I don't want Maria to hit you," I nodded.
"Nick, I can run support on site," Haylee replied.
"We need all hands in the field and with Haylee being pregnant, she can help with tech support," Jason nodded.
"Alright, alright," I nodded. "Jason, let everyone know what is going on. I'm taking Haylee and Chris to the precinct." I looked at Jason. "And send the squad."
"I got it," Jason nodded. Haylee and Chris sat in the conference room together. She has my sports coat around her shoulders. "So what do we know?"
"She was grabbed," I replied.
"Who was she near?" Jason asked.
"She was just to a corner throwing left over flower petals around," Olivia nodded.
"You lost my daughter?!" Maria came in yelling. "I told you to take care of her and you just lose her?!"
"Hey, she's my daughter too," I replied.
"Hey," Haylee joined us holding her phone. "He wants to speak with Nick. Chris is running a trace." She put the phone on speaker and unmute. "Here."
"Yeah?" I asked.
"You want your daughter back, I expect 52G to be hand delivered by your bride in two days," the guy replied. "Or your precious daughter dies. You have fourty eight hours."
The line went dead. "Chris," I replied as we walked into the conference room. "Did you get a trace?"
"Somewhere in Queens," Chris sighed looking at the computer.
"That's seventy five minutes away," Haylee nodded. "There's no way they could be in Queens."
"He wanted the money hand delivered by her," Maria replied. "Why not give him her and the money and get Zara back?"
"Wait, I'm sorry," Amanda replied. "Maria, do you have $52,000 to give to him?" She stayed quiet. "I didn't think so."
"Haylee, do you have the money?" Olivia asked.
"I spent a fortune on the wedding," Haylee nodded. "I only have so much that I can give."
"We have twenty," I sighed as I crossed my arms.
"We can't just give it to him," Haylee nodded. "If we give him the money, he'll just want more."
"Then what do we do?" Jason asked.
"We give him fakes and follow him," Haylee replied. "It's the only way to get Zara back."
"Eyes and ears?" Finn pointed at Haylee.
"No," Haylee nodded. "I have to make the drop."
"Amanda's a runner, Finn's a thug, Olivia is feeding pigeons, Chris and I will have the technology van, and Jason's a chaser," I nodded. "That's the plan."