Chap 10 "Getting Close"

Haylee's POV
Olivia and Finn dropped me off at school. I saw Chris and his friends. "Chris," I smiled as I walked up to him with my binder.
"Hey," Chris smiled.
"Hi," I nodded as him and two guys walked over to me. "You must be Cam and Matt."
"I'm Matt," nodded the guy in the yellow. "Chris' good looking friend. The geek, here, is Cam."
I smiled. "Two for one," Cam whispered.
"Cam," Chris nudged Cam.
"Pizza," Cam respnoded, a bit louder. "Two for one pizza at Bravos."
"That sounds awesome, Cam," I nodded. "I'm starving." I walked up to Chris. "I hope you don't mind me crashing."
"Of course not," Chris nodded as I grabbed his hand and walked with him. "Crash away, please."
We followed Cam and Matt. The bell rang. "They're funny," I giggled.
"No, they're hilarious," Chris replied. "They're idiots though."
"I like them," I replied.
"They're racing to school," Chris nodded. We laughed. "I don't know."
"Okay," I smiled as we stopped at the steps. "I guess I'll meet you here after your last period?"
"Uhm, no," Chris sighed. "I can't miss practice, actually."
I looked at a couple behind me and back at Chris. "Is that her?" I asked.
"Yeah," Chris sighed.
"Don't worry, I don't do jealousy," I smiled.
"Alright, I have a makeup test this period," Chris nodded.
"Okay, yeah, go," I smiled. "I actually have something to finish."
"I'll see you later," Chris smiled. "Thanks for coming with me."
"Bye," I nodded as Chris walked off. Sharell's boyfriend left and I walked up to her. "Stay away from Chris."
"Excuse me?" Sharell asked.
"You heard what I said," I replied. "You had your chance with him." She nodded her head. "If I see you near him one more time, you're gonna regret it." Sharell left. I sighed. I feel like I was chasing a ghost on this mission. I sat outside for hours and the last class was over. I went to see Chris at his locker. "Hey."
"Hey," Chris smiled. "How was your first day?"
"I am so ready to get out of here," I replied. "You ready?"
"No, I have track practice, remember?" Chris reminded me.
"Oh, okay," I nodded. "I guess I'll be seeing you." I walked out. "Bummer."
"Hey Haylee, wait up," Chris called after me. We went to the lake and sat under a tree. "Out of all the guys, why me?"
"I really like you, Chris," I smiled as I leaned into him. "I just, it's hard." Chris kissed me. "You're just different." I looked at my phone. "Let's go."
"Alright," Chris smiled. "I'll walk you home." Chris and I started walking hand in hand. "So, is it tough being a foster kid?"
"It is what it is," I nodded. "I don't feel sorry for myself."
"What happened to your real parents?" Chris asked.
"Well, I never knew my real mom and my dad never really was home," I sighed. "So, I was put into the system. My foster parents are even barely around." We got to the road. "Well, I'll see you later." Chris walked off and I made my way to the precinct. I was about to enter until someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around. "Chris."
"Come with me," Chris smiled.
Olivia saw me and I shrugged. "Okay," I sighed. I went with Chris to his house to talk with his mom. "Are you sure?"
"Just trust me," Chris nodded. "Mom, it's not Haylee's fault her foster parents are dicks. Please, it's just for one night."
"I didn't even realize Haylee lived with a foster family," Mrs. Stuart replied. "Never mind. Still, that they'd lock you out is beyond me. Don't they watch the news?"
"They're too busy for that," I nodded. "They only took me in so that the state would pay for their groceries and I don't even have a job."
Chris shrugged his shoulders at his mom. "I guess I'll make up the spare room," Mrs. Stuart nodded and left.
Chris and I smiled at each other. "Thank you," I smiled. She handed me a set of pajamas. I changed in the bathroom and went to the bedroom. I laid in the bed. "This is a nice room." I looked at the pictures around the room. It got late and I couldn't sleep. I snuck to Chris' room. "Chris? Chris?" I shook him a bit. "Are you up?"
"Yeah," Chris nodded and sat up. "What's up?"
"I had a nightmare," I sighed. "Can I sleep here?"
"Uhm, yeah," Chris nodded. "Yeah, sure." I got in on the empty side of the bed and he put his arm around me. "You have to sneak back out before my mom wakes up."
"Okay," I smiled. I fell asleep. The next morning, I woke up at five. I sat in the living room. Chris woke up and his mom left. He sat next to me on the couch. "I should probably leave."
"You sure?" Chris asked. I nodded. "You're not alone, okay?" I smiled. "Do you have to go now?"
"I don't want to be late for my interview," I nodded. "I have an audition to be a model."
" That's great news," Chris smiled. "Well, you should probably go."
"I'll see you later," I sighed. I went to my penthouse. I just stayed there all day until night arrived. I went to my room and got on my phone. Chris was face timing me. "Hey. Your mom..."
"She just worries about me," Chris sighed.
"Yeah, but she doesn't have to be so mean and bossy," I sighed. "Why do you always listen to her?"
"Because she's my mother, Haylee," Chris sighed.
"At least you have one," I replied.
"Chris, it's three o'clock on the morning," Mrs. Stuart's voice was heard.
"Mom, I got it under control," Chris sighed. "Haylee's not tired yet."
"Haylee, Chris needs to get up for school," Mrs. Stuart got in front of the camera. "It's time to go to sleep." She shut the laptop.
"Well, bye to you too," I sighed. I went to bed and got up the next day. I got into my Merecedes Benz and drove to school. I found a parking spot and waited at the stairs for Chris. "I shouldn't be doing this but I am." I couldn't find him so I walked into the school. I saw him. "Hey cutie."
"Hey babe," Chris sighed as we started walking together.
"Where you running to?" I asked.
"Making up another test," Chris sighed. "English."
"Ah," I nodded. "Can you come and celebrate my job with me?"
"Wait, you got it?" Chris asked.
"Yeah," I responded. "I can't wait to actually start."

Nick's POV
I walked into Haylee's studio. "Hey Heaven," I sighed as I sat down.
"Where's Haylee?" asked Heaven holding a camera.
"She'll be here," I nodded. "Olivia has her working but she won't miss today's shoot."
"Sorry I'm late," Haylee sighed. She walked I wearing a pink flower dress and a flower crown. "Heaven, I don't know which designer this is."
"Jovanni," Heaven nodded as Haylee stood in front of the galaxy backdrop. "Okay, you ready?" Haylee nodded. "Do you have any surprises for me today?"
"One," Haylee nodded as I took a sip of my drink. "My boyfriend is coming to see me."
I choked on my water. "Boyfriend?" I managed to say. "When I said go for it, I didn't mean date him the next day."
"It just kind of happened, Nick," I smiled. I posed. "I did think about it."
"Well, maybe undo that," Heaven replied. I changed poses a lot during our talk. "Didn't you just get out of a relationship with Hector?"
"So?" Haylee asked. "He was a dick."
"You do deserve better," I nodded. "Are you sure this guy is it?"
"It's trial and error," Haylee replied. "No harm in trying."
"It hurts you," I replied. "If he breaks your heart, I'm getting him."
"I just hope he doesn't turn away once this all dies down," Haylee replied. "Chris Stuart eventually has to know the truth sooner or later."
"Yeah, and that's an issue," Heaven replied.
"Half of the file on Haylee's life is a lie during this case," I replied. "That's leads to even more lies and eventually the truth will come out and she doesn't want it all to explode in her face."
"Exactly," Haylee smiled at the camera. "I just don't want him to leave."
"Like the rest of them?" Heaven asked.
"Count how many guys you set me up with and having them all run," Haylee looked at Heaven. They looked at each other. "Seven of them left me by text, five by just walking out, and nine by running out before I can say goodbye."
"What kind of guys were you hooking her up with?" I asked Heaven.
"Celebs in the business," Heaven shrugged.
"Try someone normal for once," I replied. "This Chris guy seems to be legit for her."