Chapter 10

Note: Oops! I accidentally uploaded the wrong chapter earlier. Please ignore that... This is the right one... I checked.

Chapter 10

Caught

Peyton was alone in the house. Mason had a security breech he had to deal with. Logan had mysteriously disappeared. Law and Jaxon were at the secret lab doing more tests to make sure they weren’t drugging the women. Carter received an invitation to a Meet and Greet. He’d been dressed to impress when he left and she’d given him a wolf whistle and a wink as he’d closed the door.

She figured she’d make a vid for her fans. It hadn’t taken her long to realize she wasn’t going to be like the other heshas. She’d just give herself away with her bad acting. Therefore, she stood there in front of the CP in Mason’s shorts and a fitted tank top. A cup of hot coco sat on the table in front of her as she thought about what to say.

“CP record vid feed.” She said aloud.

“Vid feed started in three… two… one.” CP replied in the ultra feminine voice Mason had programmed for it.

“Hey guys!” She greeted with a smile and a small wave to her audience. “First off I want to give a shout out to my boys at the mall. I saw the pics this morning and LOVE them.” She brought one of the pics she’d printed off up to show. It was of her and Jupiter making silly faces at the camera. “Jupiter, this is one of my favorites. I had so much fun hanging out with all of you.”

She plopped down on the couch cross-legged, “I promised to pay more attention to my site and this is me doing that. I thought I’d tell you some things about me. Feel free to leave questions for me on the site. I’ll try to answer the ones I like best. Let’s start with the basics. How old do you think I am?” She waited a beat, “Wrong,” She said in a singsong voice before speaking in a loud whisper, “Don’t tell anyone, but I’m really forty-four. I age well, don’t I?” She winked. “I won’t tell you how I managed that because every girl has her secrets.”

“I’ve led a fairly sheltered life and I’m a little naive when it comes to social interactions nowadays. I think heshas play an important role in today’s society and I’m proud to be a part of that now. However, I don’t plan to behave in the way that’s become the social norm. I like singing. I’m horrible at acting. I love CP’s. Holo-tech completely rocks! I don’t want to be an actress, model, singer, stripper, or trophy-girl. I’d rather be a friend, and I’ve really been enjoying my new job.”

Peyton stopped and took a drink of her coco, “I have a boyfriend. I guess that after the mall you all probably know that. I saw our pictures all over the place when I logged on.” She bit her lip a little, “He makes me so happy and I love him.” She pointed to her smile, “See, I couldn’t stop smiling right now if you paid me.”

A thought came to her and she decided to ask, “I’m a bit of a history buff and I’ve been reading about some of the wars we’ve fought. While you men out there are thinking of questions for me, I have one for you. Someone traps you in a box. The box is tall enough to stand in, wide enough to walk in. This person gives you food and shelter but you have to do everything they say. All necessities are provided to you but you are trapped and unable to leave your box. Do you: A) Stay in the box because all of your needs are met. B) Secretly rebel when your captor isn’t looking, praying for someone else to free you. Or C) Fight for your freedom, until you gain it or die, because without that you are nothing. I’m curious as to what we as a society today would do. Personally, I’d choose C), but maybe I’m old-fashioned. Let me now.”

Peyton signed off, reviewed the footage and shrugged before uploading it. Mason walked in right after she did. She’d been about to get more coco and had been facing his direction. He looked irritated. She grew worried, “Hey, what’s wrong?” She walked over to him.