Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“Hold still Pey, or this pin is going to deflate your C-cups.” Logan warned through a mouthful of pins as he used her as a live manikin. She’d been hanging out with him in his studio the last two days, mostly to avoid Mason. Law had grudgingly agreed to perform the tests to prove she was both female and his sister. She’d agreed with the provision that if the tests came back positive, Mason would have to do one thing for her. He’d wanted to know what but the others had forced him to agree to her terms since he was the one forcing the issue.

Peyton shivered thinking about the way his hazel green eyes had flashed with anger as he’d relented. Unfortunately, Logan had been right, “Ouch!”

Logan chuckled and pulled out the offending pin, before repining it in its proper location. He stepped back taking the few left in his mouth out and placing them in the pincushion on his workbench, “You look hot, even with the deflated boob, if I do say so myself.”

Peyton laughed, Logan was quickly becoming her best friend. She’d been messing around with the CP in his Studio. She’d even managed to write a program allowing him to see what his sketches would look like completed, “Why don’t you just use the CP program?”

“I’ll use it for the other ones. This dress is for May. Her sweet sixteen is three months away, after that she’ll have to start going to the Meet & Greets.” His blue eyes turned stormy. “I want the day to be special for her.”

Peyton twirled in the light blue dress. It was luminescent and she could imagine wearing it to prom. She laughed, “With this dress on how could it not be a special day?”

“Because after a girls sixteenth birthday she has one year to decide who she wants to be her first before choosing on her seventeenth birthday.” Peyton stopped dead in her tracks, all enjoyment of the dress completely gone.

“Are you freaking kidding me? Please tell me that you just told me some sick joke Mason had you pull.” By now, she knew Logan well enough to know he wouldn’t joke like that, but she wouldn’t put anything past Mason.

He shook his head, “Afraid not, Alicia went through it a few years ago.”

Peyton whistled, “I didn’t give my virginity away until I was eighteen, and that was after dating Blake for a year and a half.”

Logan lifted his eyebrow with the scar, “So, you’ve only ever been with one guy?”

“Yeah, afterwards Blake and I decided we liked being friends more. So we called it quits before college.” She said it casually but Logan detected a bit of hurt in her voice.

“What happened?” He asked softly.

Peyton took in a shaky breath, “He called me a few months later to tell me he was gay and that being with me had just confirmed it for him. I haven’t seen him since, and probably won’t now.” She took in a shaky breath and looked over to Logan, catching a brief glimpse of guilt, before he pulled her into a hug, pins and all.

“I’m so sorry Pey. That sucks, it really does.” He said trying to comfort her.

A humorless sound escaped her as she snuggled into his arms, “It really explained a lot you know. Most men would have complained about waiting so long. He never said a word and when I finally decided to go for it, he pushed it back until prom night saying he wanted it to be special.

“I’m sorry Pey; I can’t take that pain from you.” He rubbed circles on her back the way he had the first time he’d held her, “But I think I know what we can do tonight.”

Peyton pulled back, a questioning look on her face, “What do you have in mind?”

A wicked smile crossed his face, “I have the dress. Carter made the necklace with his mark saying he did your transformation, and Mason made an ID chip that’ll pass a quick security scan. We even convinced him to create your website yesterday. I think it’s time for Carter’s latest and greatest hesha to make her debut.”