Chapter 8

Author's Note: I just wanted to thank everyone that's reading Woman of the Past. I'm having so much fun writing about these charactors and their quirks. Hopefully this chapter will fill you with questions and curiousity over what will happen next in Peyton's life as I have started to set a few things in motion... *evil laughter errupts* Sorry... oh um... now this is akward, isn't it?  He he... Let's just pretend that didn't happen. Enjoy Chapter 8!!!!!

Chapter 8

“You should know before we arrive that the common areas are filmed all the time. The women of the Pearl District thought it would be a nice way to help men understand how women react and behave. You can watch it online twenty four hours a day, but it gets boring most of the time.” Logan said as they drove downtown heading towards the Pearl District Safe Zone. Today would be her first full day out of the house as Logan’s assistant.

“Let me guess. Your area for getting new measurements is one of those areas.” Peyton didn’t even bother to make her statement a question as Logan chuckled.

“There are changing rooms set up for their privacy and I have a shop actually. It lets the women feel like they have somewhere to go. I called ahead yesterday to let them know I’d be in today. Alicia will be there with my three nieces: Sadie, Sierra, and Sophie. My nephew Max might be there. He’s been going through a, “That’s for girls.” stage.” He laughed just thinking about his nephew.

“Do you think mom will come today?” Peyton asked hope lacing her voice. She’d been preparing herself all week.

“I think so but you have to remember not to know each other. Dad told Mom about you and we all warned her. I just hope your horrible acting skills won’t give you away.” He said in all seriousness.

“I’ve been practicing with Mason. I can do this.” She said more to calm her own fears than sooth Logan. She breathed deeply to calm her nerves as she smoothed down her cream-colored blouse over her dark blue skinny jeans.

“I’ve noticed the two of you together more. Have you and him…” Logan trailed off wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“With all four of you guys constantly in the house? There’s no way!” She denied adamantly, but she couldn’t help the wicked grin that spread across her face. Just the thought of Mason did that to her lately.

Logan caught the look, “HA! You dirty little liar!”

“I’m not a liar! We haven’t had sex but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been making out. Mason’s a great kisser.” She said sighing a little. Peyton bit her lip, “He says he wants to take me out tomorrow night. I’d be happy just going grocery shopping at this point.” She rolled her eyes. “Being stuck in the house all the time sucks and we need new dishes. Hey, thanks again for making me your assistant.” She squeezed his arm as they pulled up to the first checkpoint.

“You’re welcome, but no more talking about girl stuff.” He said with a knowing look. She nodded her understanding. These walls had eyes and ears.

After a total of five checkpoints, a fingerprint analysis, a body search, and a metal detector, they made it to Logan’s boutique. The sign outside said, “Past, Present, Future” in large writing. She smiled as he opened the door and they unloaded the clothing they’d packed into the back that very morning.

When she entered the building, she was surprised to find the space inside was huge. Tasteful displays spread out over a giant showroom floor. Towards the back were changing rooms as well as a private room for taking measurements. The blonde wood floors went all the way through. White walls popped with colorful artwork. She recognized her Dad’s scribbled name in the bottom corner of most of them.