Chapter 6

Author's Note: Hey Everyone! This chapter was really fun to write. You'll see more of the charactors introduced in this chapter later on. Thank you to all of you that are giving WoP a shot. I love hearing from you. Oh yeah, the first four paragraphs are a little more "Adult" than I normally write, but there's no nudity. I leave it to you to decide if you can handle it.

In the mean time it's Father's Day! Don't forget to tell your Dad, or Father-figure thanks and that you love them. Hugs to all you Dad's out there : )

Chapter 6

Peyton snuggled closer to the source of warmth on the bed, rubbing her face into the pillow under her and groaning as pain burst behind her eyelids. Her pillow did the strangest thing. It chuckled! Moving her left hand down, her hangover-addled mind couldn’t figure out what she was touching. It was smooth and hard. Her middle finger found a fun little valley and followed it south. Until a hand caught hers, stopping all movement. Her pillow’s deep voice spoke, “I’d let you go down further but you’d probably murder me.”

Peyton’s eyes flew open as she realized who her pillow was. She shot up so fast she started to fall backward off the bed as she pinwheeled her free arm for balance. Mason tugged her wrist and rolled her over to the other side of the bed. She stared up at him, eyes wide and head pounding. His body pressed down on her and her body reacted the way any red-blooded female would when pressed into a mattress by a half-naked hottie. Heat bloomed in her abdomen and her breathing turned labored, “We didn’t…” She trailed off unwilling to say it.

Mason leaned down, not stopping until his lips where so close they brushed hers when he spoke, sending knots through her stomach and chills down her spine, “Let’s just say, last night I found out with certainty just how real a woman you are."

He pulled back slightly and watched her reaction with his hazel green eyes, wicked smile playing across his lips. What she did surprised him. Her eyes grew hooded. Peyton lifted her hand to run it through his hair as she wrapped her right leg around him, drawing him closer. He groaned at the feel of her body pressed against him as she arched up to whisper in his ear, “Must not have been very good. I don’t remember a thing.”

Mason couldn’t help but chuckle softly, “That’s because nothing actually happened. I brought you in here because Jaxon came home. Law called last night with your test results but you passed out before I could tell you. Trust me, if we’d have done anything other than sleep, you’d remember it.”

Peyton’s hooded expression turned sharp. With a sudden burst of energy, she rolled them over twice and they fell to the floor in a heap. Mason groaned as she landed on top of him. Peyton hissed, “You stupid jerk!” She said slapping her hand down hard on his chest, leaving a bright red impression of her hand. She almost said more but a booming voice coming from downstairs stopped her cold.

“If all my sons aren’t down here in five minutes, I’m coming up there to drag you out of your beds!” The voice bellowed down the hallway, familiar and happy.

Mason and Peyton both cursed as looks of panic crossed their faces. Peyton looked down at herself. She was wearing her dress from last night, something she wished she’d noticed earlier, “Mason help me. I look like a hooker. I can’t let my Dad see me like this!” Her panic as she scrambled off him, must have hit a chord.

Mason went to his dresser and pulled out two large tee shirts and a slightly too large pair of shorts with a pull string, “Here,” He handed her the clothes pulling the light blue tee over his head; “I’ll go down first.”

“Mason?” Her voice stopped him when he reached the door. He turned around a questioning look on his face, “Thank you.” He nodded and headed downstairs.