Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Date Night

“Where are we going?” Peyton asked for the fifth time in a row. She’d come home from her second day as Logan’s assistant and Mason had kissed her silly before hauling her into his car. Logan just laughed at her dazed expression.

Mason reached over to lace his fingers with hers, “Impatient aren’t you?”

“Yes,” She didn’t bother to say anything else as she enjoyed the feel of his hand in hers.

Mason chuckled, “We’re here anyway.” He said pulling into the mall parking lot. Cars where everywhere but the mall was always like that. Peyton shook her head. Some things never change.

Peyton’s eyebrows furrowed in a confused frown, “You brought me to the mall?”

“Yeah, there’s this restaurant here called Old Town Chicago. They make the best pizza and Italian food in the state.” His grin was wide as he parked the car and they headed inside.

It felt unreal as she walked through the automatic doors and into the building. Looking around made the sensation worse. Her eyes roamed over the many men walking around. There was one hesha for every fifteen men. She and Mason were generating a lot of interest as he led her over to the sit down restaurant. “Did you color on my face when I wasn’t looking?” She asked as she noticed a group of men pointing at her. They were younger than most of the others, maybe mid-twenties.

Mason followed her gaze and chuckled weaving his arm around her waist and pulling her close, “Looks like you have a few fans.” She saw them pulling their tiny PD’s out and aiming them as if they were taking pictures. Peyton had seen Carter with his and he’d explained that they were personal devices, or PD’s, much like the cell phones of her time but smaller and equipped with hologram tech that allowed them to show a very large or a very small screen depending on a person preferences. The men started to walk towards them. They stopped in front of the restaurant entrance, blocking the way in.

There were four men in the group. The others pushed the tallest one to the front. He was shorter than Mason was but looked older. Peyton guessed that he was about twenty-four, his hair was died an indigo color that matched his eyes. He looked at her, eyes a little star struck, which scared her for a minute before he spoke, “You’re Peyton Parker aren’t you?”

Peyton smiled, “That’s me. Can I help you gentlemen with something?”

The man smiled like a four year old handed a giant ice cream Sunday with extra sprinkles, “This is Marty, Ben, and Anthony.” He said pointing to each of his friends. “And my name’s Jupiter. I was… I was wondering I you might… um.” He swallowed nervously and Marty stepped forward.

“We’ve been huge fans since your debut. We were hoping for more vid-posts after that but you disappeared. Then you showed up working for Logan and verbally bitch-slapped that scheming whore Sarah. It was epic. We were wondering. Could we get a few pics with you for your fan site?” Marty spoke very fast and the others nodded like bobble-head dolls.

Peyton blinked a few times as she absorbed his words. They all four looked at her with puppy-dog eyes making it impossible for her to refuse. She gave Mason an apologetic smile and saw that he was enjoying her awkwardness, “Well I don’t mind taking a few pictures with you.”

They all let out a collective sigh. Ben shook Anthony by his shoulders, “See guys, I told you she wasn’t like the others. Peyton’s special.”

“What makes you say that?” Peyton asked cautiously.

Ben froze, “Um, well, you know… other heshas don’t take fan pics unless a professional photographer is involved.”

Peyton snorted, “That’s dumb. The whole point of fan pics is that your fans take them. Let’s show the others how it’s done shall we?”